Gig Tonight

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Anonymous User
Friday 28 May 2004 11.43am
I'm hoping that this post doesn't fall into the category of a classified ad - I'm not asking for any money (so I apologise in advance James), but I have a spare ticket to see Ian Hunter tonight at the Astoria (doors 7pm.)

There are three of us going and the fourth has just dropped out, I'd hate to see the ticket go to waste so if anyone fancies coming along do drop me an email.
Friday 28 May 2004 11.50am
Ooh Ian Hunter! I saw Mott the Hoople a thousand years ago in Bristol. I also saw him and Mick Ronson. Sadly, I can't go - wish I could.
Wednesday 2 June 2004 4.41pm
Was it good?
Wednesday 2 June 2004 6.15pm
It must have been good - she wouldn't stop talking about it!
Anonymous User
Thursday 3 June 2004 8.36am
She's right you know - I did rather rave about it!

He was on top form, Mick Ralphs was playing & it was a superb night. I dragged along one of my colleagues who's knowledge of Mott the Hoople extended no further than All The Young Dudes. When we left she said she felt like she'd just seen a piece of rock n roll history - which is true - they don't make 'em like that anymore!

Hope you can make it next year!!
Thursday 3 June 2004 9.00am
They were one of the best live bands I've ever seen, the only people who ever came close were Clash, and Mick Jones was always a big fan anyway (alright that's an exaggeration there were others nearly as good). Pete Overend Watts' Dad tried teaching me maths a few years ago (what a claim to fame!) Pete was running a shop in Hereford last I heard, Dale Griffin is a high-up at the Beeb
Speaking of silly names: Mick Ralphs replacement, Ariel Bender's real name was the even more unlikely, Luther Grosvenor. Verden Allen's replacement, Morgan Fisher, made an ambient album a few years back: Slow Music - it's really beautiful..........God, the crap I carry around in my head................................... I'll definitely try and make it next time.
Anonymous User
Thursday 3 June 2004 9.16am
Sadly I was just a little too young to ever see Mott the Hoople. I did see him play with Mick Ronson a few years back though which was superb.

I keep an eye out for when he's playing so next time I'll post much earlier!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: