junior doctors dispute

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Friday 25 March 2016 4.48pm
We are sleep walking into another nhs nightmare if we give in to these reprobates the BMA has always been trouble to various. Health ministers. Aneurin Bevan included (Labour cofounder of NHS) we must recall. John Reid 2004 new labour of course.... giving Gps and medics all they wanted or didn't originally ask for including cancelling home visits etc and closing surgeries half days and no Saturdays Sundays. The old doctors never expected or desired family life to intrude on their chosen vocation and their threat to walk away from emergency care provision is frankly nothing short of disgustinglyi unbelievable. You couldn't make it up could you! This cavalier attitude should be made illegal and at least government should introduce immediate measures to make illegal any non attendance at emergency situations as with the other emergency providers
Friday 25 March 2016 5.23pm
Good idea, the government should make it illegal. Then we can throw all the Doctors in prison, problem solved!

I hope you've suggested to the government that those who oppose them should be arrested and detained?
Friday 25 March 2016 6.23pm
"This cavalier attitude should be made illegal".

What a genius you are! While we are there, why don't we make all strikes and all protests illegal. I could however, be persuaded to the additional measure of outlawing extreme right wing comments on local we-site forums.
Friday 25 March 2016 9.46pm
...........and not a word, Paramount, in your right wing ravings about cause and effect. Jeremy Hunt escapes your vindictive musings as do this Conservative government's intensive and relentless attacks upon the NHS.
The stated aim to improve the NHS by JH is as hollow and hypocritical as is Ian Duncan Smith's reason for resignatiion.
I believe doctors, I do not believe politicians. Especially Tory politicians pretending to be sympathetic towards the NHS and all it stands for whilst undermining it in order to further their long term ambitions to fully privatise it for their American friends.
Friday 25 March 2016 10.28pm
If junior doctors don't fight against a situation that causes them be so overworked that their patients are placed at risk, no one else will.

I am disappointed that some posts in this thread so far bear witness to this, but at the same time I am heartened that others posted their support towards our younger physicians.
Saturday 26 March 2016 8.20am
Paramount wrote:
We are sleep walking into another nhs nightmare if we give in to these reprobates the BMA has always been trouble to various.

This sentence doesn't make sense. It's not really English.
Saturday 26 March 2016 3.03pm
stitch wrote:
Good idea, the government should make it illegal. Then we can throw all the Doctors in prison, problem solved!
I hope you've suggested to the government that those who oppose them should be arrested and detained?
don't tempt me!
Saturday 26 March 2016 3.08pm
boris wrote:
"This cavalier attitude should be made illegal".
What a genius you are! While we are there, why don't we make all strikes and all protests illegal. I could however, be persuaded to the additional measure of outlawing extreme right wing comments on local we-site forums.
talking about saving peoples lives
.life saving. Get the idea! Political views of all persuasions must be allowed
We must look and decide at each issue separately and.not be cowed into submission by others who want to squash free speech and views
Saturday 26 March 2016 3.14pm
Thebunhouse wrote:
...........and not a word, Paramount, in your right wing ravings about cause and effect. Jeremy Hunt escapes your vindictive musings as do this Conservative government's intensive and relentless attacks upon the NHS. ....... And not a word Bunhouse re BMA being Thorn in flesh to nye Bevan even. Incidentally. I am not especially right wing or any wing at all. Except to look at each issue as it arises and I say these strikers are bad. There are some non union doctors still working. Thank God this Easter time for this at least
The stated aim to improve the NHS by JH is as hollow and hypocritical as is Ian Duncan Smith's reason for resignatiion.
I believe doctors, I do not believe politicians. Especially Tory politicians pretending to be sympathetic towards the NHS and all it stands for whilst undermining it in order to further their long term ambitions to fully privatise it for their American friends.
Sunday 27 March 2016 10.22am
Thanks for giving my musings, even more, depth by repetition.
There are more doctors working during the brief strikes who are union members, they are called Consultants and they are covering their junior colleagues.
Those Junior Doctors often have served more time than some Consultants.
Nye Bevan got his way because he was of a constructive mindset and ambition unlike Jeremy Hunt who is the opposite and is recognised as such by most fair-minded people. who generally support the Junior Doctors' actions.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: