So how will the new pension affect

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 6 April 2016 8.10am
my friends in SE1, I feel it is a big con as I will have paid in for over 35 years to 2 state pension pots yet now get £155, the same as everyone else, how is that fair when Ive paid in 2 lots to others 1 ?
Friday 8 July 2016 9.15am
Oh dear, no one seems to have known the answer. Did you seek advice from the DWP ? Your problem seems most odd.
I stayed at home when I had my children but then, when I retired, I found that I was penalised for my naÔvety.No one had given me advice way back then. Thank goodness I hadn't tried to save money in the short term by paying into the married woman's N.I. contribution when I returned to work. I imagine that scheme has been withdrawn, and quite rightly too!
Friday 8 July 2016 8.09pm
I used to work for two different companies at the same time and paid N I contributions in both employments and as a consequence paid more than the maximum. This went on for years until I discovered the truth by accident. I immediately asked for a refund of the overpayments and received the previous year's overpayment, and thus it continued whilst I worked for those two companies.

As you appear not to be getting what you believe you are entitled to get I think you should question if there are any overpayments to be refunded. I have found such information has to be dragged out of the
D o P.
Good luck.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: