EU

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 15 April 2016 7.40am
I trust all will use their vote wisely. Vip referendum debate. We must remember though it is due to ukip etc that we are being allowed a democratic voice at all in this election. the 3 main parties didn't want an election and wanted to stay in. Jeremy Corbyn who has alway been anti E suddenly finds himself having to accommodate likes of Benn junior etc. I supported Tony Benn and Enoch Powell as both wereanti common market and as Mr Farage says ukip will support anybody!!!!note well.. who will be BREXIT! Let's GO
Monday 18 April 2016 3.53pm
We will remain, in no small part due to the disgraceful campaign the remain side are undertaking, full of absolute lies. The undecided will be frightened into the stay vote.

The biggest lie of all BTW has to be every time the word "reform" is used. If we stay, they will reform it.....lolz
Tuesday 19 April 2016 6.31am
Yes... and Obama etc sticking their nose into our affairs! Even The Queen wouldn't dream of "advising" us. Although ny soundings indicate she and duke.. possibly Charles also are Brexit at heart
Thursday 21 April 2016 4.42pm
I will post this here, as I think it is more than relevant.

I just heard on the radio, that our current wage growth is the lowest since the 1920s, oh come on people!

One thing I have noticed in my exploration of the EU and our laws/directives. No member of the political classes will ever point to the EU when they are attacked, they take the rap, I've seen it time and again. I'm wondering if Thatcher was really the Queen of privatisation, we know the EU doesn't look kindly on state intervention/funding. But hey, she see off those pesky Icelanders though eh? eh?.......er, no, actually she didn't.

Was it really the unions that destroyed our manufacturing industries? Or was it the EU? I mean, they love a corporation, don't they?! Green taxes has done but one thing, redirect, industry to other Continents, where they don't have these punitive measures and they pump out sh&* with impunity. Cheaper for the corporations though!!
Thursday 21 April 2016 6.03pm
Paramount wrote:
... Although ny soundings indicate she and duke.. possibly Charles also are Brexit at heart

Wow, "soundings" - you have sources inside the Royal Family? Or could it be that you're just regurgitating stuff from the Murdoch "press"?
Thursday 21 April 2016 6.09pm
boroughonian wrote:
Was it really the unions that destroyed our manufacturing industries? Or was it the EU?
Neither.
Friday 22 April 2016 8.24am
It was the "Handbag Lady".
Friday 22 April 2016 3.38pm
Everything she did, ties in with how the EU is now.

Polish bloke I know says that they privatised their steel industry, and it was promptly shut down.....ring any bells?
Friday 22 April 2016 6.30pm
boroughonian wrote:
Everything she did, ties in with how the EU is now.
Polish bloke I know says that they privatised their steel industry, and it was promptly shut down.....ring any bells?

I've seen no evidence to suggest that the Tory rush to privatise was due to the influence of the EU. Hard to imagine Thatcher being so keen to pursue the policy if it came from that quarter.

Does the EU oppose the idea of nationalisation and require member states to privatise publicly owned enterprises? I think not; take as an example railways:
In France, both the train operator SNCF and the infrastructure operator RFF are state-owned.
In Germany the state-owned operator Deutsche Bahn runs 90 per cent of passenger services.
In Italy, the state-owned railway company FS Holding owns both the national rail infrastructure manager RFI and train-operating company Trenitalia.
The Spanish railway is almost entirely in public ownership.
(source)

I don't see that the post-privatisation failure of the Polish steel industry says anything in particular about the EU, more about the way that country is choosing to transform its economy.
Tuesday 3 May 2016 12.33pm
boroughonian wrote:
... in no small part due to the disgraceful campaign the remain side are undertaking, full of absolute lies....

I'm not allowed to vote, and am not taking sides but would like to point out that presenting a list of untruths as "facts" is not particularly graceful either. Never mind the mentioning of "This is brought to you by Vote leave Ltd" in the teeniest print I have seen a long time.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: