Frozen 2....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 15 June 2016 6.28pm
Read a piece that stated that Elsa in Frozen will have a girlfriend...don't know why I am irritated by this as I am very liberal and have close family members of both sexes who are gay. Can anyone tell me why?
Thursday 16 June 2016 12.18am
Jan the old one wrote:
Read a piece that stated that Elsa in Frozen will have a girlfriend...don't know why I am irritated by this as I am very liberal and have close family members of both sexes who are gay. Can anyone tell me why?

It's probably because for years now we have been drip-fed, like Chinese water torture, that as older members of society, we have been misled in assuming that male/female relationships are the norm, and we have turned aside from the new order, where anything goes, boy/boy, girl/girl, possibly girl/girl, maybe boy, not sure/boy, are all situations that we should recognise and embrace.
I have a second cousin, who I hadn't seen, or been in contact with for more years than I care to remember.
Last year, she emailed me to invite me to attend her wedding to another girl.
I couldn't do it, as much as I loved her, and respected her right to live her life as she saw fit, I knew that inside I was fighting myself to accept it, and losing the battle day by day.
It sounds stupid I know Jan, but I console myself in knowing that I won't live forever, and when I'm gone the new order can live their lives without bothering one iota with what Tom feels is right or maybe not right, is comfortable with, or not happy at all with.
Thursday 16 June 2016 10.38am
To be honest - I didnt think much of Frozen, nowhere as good as The Jungle Book - lol
Zoe
Thursday 16 June 2016 6.29pm
Tom and Jan, how honest of both of you and really quite interesting insight.

Chelsea, no, absolutely not. You need to let it go.
Thursday 16 June 2016 9.13pm
Zoe...lol X
Friday 17 June 2016 8.52am
Very good Zoe, yet I still didnt think Frozen was that good, what about Toy Story or Shreik
Zoe
Saturday 18 June 2016 2.16pm
I actually like all three, for different reasons. Frozen was lovely and feminist though!
Wednesday 22 June 2016 12.55pm
It's kind of ridiculous how these days modern politically correctness is forced into pop culture like movies and tv and so on. But who am I to judge.
Wednesday 22 June 2016 2.23pm
limehouse wrote:
It's kind of ridiculous how these days modern politically correctness is forced into pop culture like movies and tv and so on. But who am I to judge.

It's been going on for decades. They show black people as equal and everything.
Friday 24 June 2016 1.10pm
Cartoons in the 60s and 70s were very racist as in Tom & Jerry - the cleaner was always portrayed as a big fat mama who was black, and in the spy cartoons, the chinese/japanese were always portrayed as slanty eyed and small and being blind
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: