Brexit

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 12 July 2016 7.23pm
boroughonian wrote:
... If I remember right, it was the very next day that we were told the demographic breakdown of the vote ... I just don't get how that's possible.
Stinks to me.

A polling organisation contacted a sample of people after they voted, and asked them a set of questions - in what way does that stink?

Details here.

BTW the head of the polling organisation is a Leaver (see here).
Friday 15 July 2016 12.34am
janefs wrote:
Thebunhouse wrote:
The only believable analysis I have read is that if the young had voted " stay" instead of not voting at all then we would not be having this discussion. As I understand it only 30% of the young were sufficiently concerned for their future to vote.

I have seen another report that states 36% of those eligible voters aged 18-24 voted at all. I haven't gone trawling for any other analysis (water under the bridge) but if accurate, roughly two thirds of younger voters didn't bother to vote, so any complaint that the older 'baby boomers' stuffed up their future opportunities by voting leave because they would be less affected by Brexit seems rather hollow.

I have heard others say, and I tend to agree, that a lot of people who voted Leave, thought that there was no way that Leave would prevail.
They reasoned that Stay would swing it by a narrow majority, but that enough votes would have been cast for Leave, to give Cameron and the Tories a bloody nose.
Those bozos came unstuck, and so did Britain the way I see it.
Now we just have to bite the bullet, say through gritted teeth, "Hey, that's democracy", and hope that it all shakes out okay in the end.
It may be that the , the $, and the will reach parity, but so what, we got our country back didn't we?
Tuesday 19 July 2016 1.17pm
I was asked my vote after leaving a poll station by a "political research student " sort of exit poll"
Saturday 22 April 2017 1.36pm
I think Lord David Owen should be listened to by his LD party.
He is like superb claret ..improves with age and more VIP for the forgotten of London and else where in UK. A strong Brexiteer! We shall not be moved Paddy Ash'down etc..
Monday 15 May 2017 2.35pm
Debrajoan wrote:
janefs wrote:
Thebunhouse wrote:
The only believable analysis I have read is that if the young had voted " stay" instead of not voting at all then we would not be having this discussion. As I understand it only 30% of the young were sufficiently concerned for their future to vote.

I have seen another report that states 36% of those eligible voters aged 18-24 voted at all. I haven't gone trawling for any other analysis (water under the bridge) but if accurate, roughly two thirds of younger voters didn't bother to vote, so any complaint that the older 'baby boomers' stuffed up their future opportunities by voting leave because they would be less affected by Brexit seems rather hollow.

I have heard others say, and I tend to agree, that a lot of people who voted Leave, thought that there was no way that Leave would prevail.
They reasoned that Stay would swing it by a narrow majority, but that enough votes would have been cast for Leave, to give Cameron and the Tories a bloody nose.
Those bozos came unstuck, and so did Britain the way I see it.
Now we just have to bite the bullet, say through gritted teeth, "Hey, that's democracy", and hope that it all shakes out okay in the end.
It may be that the , the $, and the will reach parity, but so what, we got our country back didn't we?

Blimey, those voters that were sold a pack of lies and bought them, had the political nous the way you suggest?
Monday 15 May 2017 2.57pm
Paramount wrote:
I was asked my vote after leaving a poll station by a "political research student " sort of exit poll"

Yes, I thought the whole thing stunk because it seemed a bit quick, turns out it was a poll and not the scientific research that it was presented as, at the time.

I think it's worth noting though, that the Southern European young people want out, they have no jobs (unless they leave their families and go to a foreign country) they have no prospects of ever getting a job (imagine that) they have no future.

In this country it's the older people that want out, my daughter says that they have been preyed upon by Farage and Co, I said to her that those older people are worried "about you" in a George Galloway kindoway.
Wednesday 17 May 2017 1.25pm
boroughonian wrote:
Paramount wrote:

Yes, I thought the whole thing stunk because it seemed a bit quick, turns out it was a poll and not the scientific research that it was presented as, at the time.

I think it's worth noting though, that the Southern European young people want out, they have no jobs (unless they leave their families and go to a foreign country) they have no prospects of ever getting a job (imagine that) they have no future.

In this country it's the older people that want out, my daughter says that they have been preyed upon by Farage and Co, I said to her that those older people are worried "about you" in a George Galloway kindoway.

Just wondering if anyone could tell us what this "pack of lies" were that the Brexit camp spouted.
Thursday 18 May 2017 11.05am
I am reminded of the old John.. Bunyan hymn. To be a pilgrim as a I hear various Remainers offering their views. Those who beset us round with DISMAL stories... Farron etc.. Do but themselves confound HIS strength the more is. Great Britain is a Lion and can take on all comers giants hobgoblins and all!
Thursday 18 May 2017 8.45pm
Haha Sturgeon, just referred to the lies told by the Brexit camp in the lead up to the referendum, only mentioning the NHS 350M claim. They all do that don't they? Talk about this load of lies but only mention one, which is debateable.

So, they're basically lying, aren't they? Do we only care about the lies that don't suit us?
Friday 9 June 2017 1.26pm
I guess that if Corbyn had of managed to form a coalition with the SNP the Liberals, Plaid Cymru and the Green, it would have been OK with the remainers, funny that.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: