Bogus marriages

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 10 June 2004 5.27pm
MARRIAGES FOR PASSPORTS

Have you married, or are you about to marry, a non-EU citizen for immigration purposes? Do you know of anyone who is currently in such a marriage?

An estimated 1 in 10 marriages in the capital take place for these reasons. In many boroughs the figure is much higher.

LWT's flagship current affairs series, The London Programme, is looking for Londoners who have entered into such an arrangement or who have considered doing so.

We offer complete anonymity and the chance to put your views across on current legislation.

Please contact

manami.szymko@granadamedia.co.uk
0207 737 8986
Thursday 10 June 2004 5.34pm
More quality research from LWT's current-affairs series.

Cidermaker, cider maker or cider-maker?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10 June 2004 5.35pm by Mapmaker.
Thursday 10 June 2004 5.48pm

yes munanami I had to marry for a passport - it is almost impossible for any large public passenger transport vehicles (especially at my age) to get residency and working papers in the UK. But I am glad I did it and now I can work legally in the UK moving people about our cities straeets - a job I am proud to be able to do.

Hope helpful.
Thursday 10 June 2004 6.13pm
James H,

Does the shiny new upgrade to the forum allow you to block certain IPs ?

;-)
Thursday 10 June 2004 6.15pm
I would like to be on your show, is it like blind date? I'll come on there and drink pervy. I'd like to meet a nice, non-earth lady who likes pervy too.mmmmmmmmmm pervy.
Thursday 10 June 2004 6.17pm
Oh my God!!!!!

I'm straight off home to ask Mrs I (given name Ivanhovskovisczy) whether she really loves me.

[Yes, I know. If she says "Yes", then it's a cert she's only married me for the passport]

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 10 June 2004 10.29pm
Hmm. No more TV researchers posting announcements, please!

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: