Research project: How do you feel about young Londonerís way of speaking?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 14 January 2017 3.55pm
Hello London-SE1!

I need your help. Iím a postgrad at the Department of Linguistics at the University of Bern, Switzerland, where Iím currently collecting data for a research project about peopleís attitudes towards Multicultural London English (sometimes colloquially referred to as ĎĎJafaicaníí) Ė I want to know what Londoners think about that way of speaking and about the people who speak it Ė I thought this forum might be a good place to ask!

Do you have an opinion about the way (many) young Londoners speak? Do you ever use MLE in your own speech? Do you think speaking MLE impact oneís career?

If you live in London and have an opinion about questions like these, Iíd be grateful if youíd fill in the projectís survey (takes about 10 min).

Here's the Google Docs link to the survey.. You need to download it to edit. I apologise for the archaic design of the the questionnaire - there are no interactive boxes in this version, so when it tells you to circle an option you literally have to write an 'X' next to it instead.

Anyway, when you're done filling out the questionnaire, please upload the file to Google Docs or a filehoster like like PixelDrain and send me the link via private message. I really appreciate your input!

Disclaimer:
Your questionnaire will only be used for research purposes. The data will be collected anonymously and you do not have to provide your name or any other identifying information, unless you wish to do so. No-one will be able to trace your identity, and the research outputs will not contain any other information that would allow readers to identify you, either.
Saturday 14 January 2017 5.36pm
Oh, of course you can also return the survey directly via email: mr09y850@campus.unibe.ch

Thanks!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: