3 Girls

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 18 May 2017 9.40pm
Anyone been watching this?

Not going to go into the obvious, but seeing as this has gone on in different parts of the country, with the authorities behaving in exactly the same way towards the complaints, basically ignoring them or at best not wanting to take action. Shouldn't there be some sort of enquiry?

I'd write to Mr Coyle but experience tells me I would be ignored too.
Friday 19 May 2017 8.31pm
Not sure what more Mr. Coyle could do, I assume that M.P.s from Rochdale and Rotherham made a fuss about it the time, or maybe not.
I watched the programme, and of course, it was absolutely vomit inducing, but it would have been like that no matter what ethnicity the perpetrators were, sure, in this case, they were of Pakistani origin, but they could just as well have been Eskimo, Maori, or Caucasian.
At the risk of alienating the sisterhood, I have to say that none of the three characters seemed to need having a gun held to their heads to go to the curry houses or taxi firms to meet the men and get their free food, gifts and alcohol.
Of course, that doesn't excuse the perverted behaviour of the men, but if we are to believe that the girls were starved of love and affection, and that made them open to succumbing to any flattering blandishments, then we have to further believe that their home lives must have been absolutely dire, they didn't appear that bad to me.
Friday 19 May 2017 11.01pm
Initially younger Pakistani men would meet the girls as they were coming out of school , in their uniforms. Take them for kebabs, bit like when as 14 or 15 year olds we would have gone to the wimpey bar to be treated to burger. It's a very insidious process , the first time these girls were raped they would have been given vodka etc. They bought girls mobiles, cigarettes....then when the girls were vulnerable the 'men' would demand payment . Then as white slags they would be used, bought and sold. Threatened with violence against their families.
The fear those poor children suffered.
This type of crime is carried out specifically by Pakistani males. They would be bussed around to different locations and raped and beaten by sixty year old men midst their abusers.

About 80 % of sexual offences are carried out by white males.

This programme was based on the three brave children and the two who eventually got to the court. There were hundreds at that time in Rochdale, many could not face telling the police and not being believed in court.

In the Derby Telegraph today another seven Victims of sexual exploitation ,grooming and rape has been carried out by 9 Pakistanis.
Another in Rochdale today also.
Having witnessed the destruction of girls characters in court in cases like this , and their bravery as the defendants legal team dissect every part of their lives. I commend these girls.

It's the attitudes of people saying ..well they went there, and went back for more, that gave the police the excuse of not doing the job they are paid to do. Girls like that eh?
Saturday 20 May 2017 12.32pm
I deliberately didn't go into the facts of the case Debrajoan, I was simply wondering if the authorities should be held to account for their appeasement/inaction, which, appears to be still the case!

I referred to Mr Coyle as he is my local MP and I want an inquiry, get it?

Your last paragraph is roughly what the scumbags were saying, and are still saying, all over the country.

Sisterhood? How about societyhood?

I sincerely hope you regret that post, as it is total b*******.

Jan, brilliant.
Saturday 20 May 2017 6.54pm
boroughonian wrote:
I deliberately didn't go into the facts of the case Debrajoan, I was simply wondering if the authorities should be held to account for their appeasement/inaction, which, appears to be still the case!
I referred to Mr Coyle as he is my local MP and I want an inquiry, get it?

Your last paragraph is roughly what the scumbags were saying, and are still saying, all over the country.

Sisterhood? How about societyhood?

I sincerely hope you regret that post, as it is total b*******.

Jan, brilliant.

First off, I didn't think that the "facts" of the case were a state secret, after all, the programme was broadcast on national TV.
I agree, Jan's post was informative and incisive, and yes, Mr. Coyle is the local MP, and you'd like an inquiry, so perhaps you should write and suggest/demand one from him.
I merely thought that constituents in Rochdale and Rotherham may have written their MPs too, and as is the norm, got nowhere.
I've no desire to argue with you about this, not least because it's something James quite rightly frowns upon, but I regret nothing, save for the fact that these unspeakable acts occurred.
I, (apparently aligning myself with the nation's scumbags), wrote that the TV dramatisation made it look as though the girls concerned didn't need much cajoling.
The real facts may have been much, much worse, probably were, the girls may have been as innocent and naive as new born babes, but that WASN'T how the TV show made them look.
Sunday 21 May 2017 10.46am
The real facts DebraJoan Are much worse, children as young as 11 were targeted as 'fresh meat' . The girl who danced around naked thinking she was a film star in Pakistan had severe learning difficulties. I could write for a year on the horrendous abuse and still not scratch the surface.

The programme was to show that what happened to the girls was truly evil, but evil on a different level were the very people who should have been there to protect them, they may have warned off about raising the fact that all the abusers in this case were Pakistani, or failing that had the mentality that as the girls lived in a rough area, was mouthy,swore ,attending sexual health clinics that they weren't worth the time or resources investigating.

These children self harm when not believed, cutting their arms up to their elbows, then starting cutting their thighs. Drinking and taking drugs to blot out the memories of how thet were raped, beaten and traded like a slave in a market.

Listening in Court on one occasion heard one defendant describe one girl as wearing tight sexy clothes. During a break I watched as very pretty legal briefs wearing tight black skirts with a slit up the back that must have been a foot long, beautifully made up smiling provocatively at their colleagues.

This forum raised the issue of involving our MPs . A good idea because at the moment they'll promise us anything!
Sorry to have made you read through my laborious post!
Monday 22 May 2017 9.41am
Please don't apologise Jan, I know that in having a daughter in Derby, (I think that it's Derby), you are closer to the truth of the issues in all this than most, and your input is entirely credible.
Of course it must have been horrendous for the girls involved, and the social worker who doggedly persevered in blowing the whistle deserves a medal.
As bad as all this was and is, I was honestly trying to say that the TV programme, while exposing the rotten underbelly of the authorities in turning a blind eye, sweeping it under the carpet, and hoping that it would all go away, gave the impression that the girls involved, (at least as portrayed in the programme), needed little persuasion to join in what happened.
I totally accept that this was not the case in reality, I didn't for one minute suggest that it was, but I was virtually labelled "a scumbag" for expressing my opinion on something that may just have been a failing in the TV production.
I bear no animosity toward boroughonian for his post, it's entirely credible that he thought that I may have been downplaying, or pooh-poohing what really happened up there, I'd like to think that he accepts now that I wasn't, but I'll carry on reading his posts, and respecting his opinions, but I'd be happy to consign this thread to history now, with the greatest of respect to all.
Monday 22 May 2017 10.08am
Thanks DebraJoan, as things are presented on television they may imply the girls were willing participants. I may post a few links later including Chelsea's Choice.
Thursday 25 May 2017 9.48am
OK Debrajoan, thanks. The only thing I will say is that the fact that they were minors means, to me, that they were blameless. The parents do not escape blame though.

Apologies if my post was a little aggressive, the whole thing just makes me mad....or madder perhaps.

Respec' innit.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: