BT Yahoo Mail

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 16 June 2004 8.05pm
Does anyone here use BT Yahoo email? I received an update yesterday saying it had been upgraded and I now have 2.0GB storage instead of 50MB. I thought it was a mistake but today the little box on the top right of my inbox, says I am using 0% of my 2.0GB storage. Surely that can't be right.
Wednesday 16 June 2004 11.29pm
I have a (free) yahoo email address, and the storage capacity on that has just increased to 100 MB.

I don't even use that address anymore....

Wednesday 16 June 2004 11.43pm
I have BT Surftime as I'm rarely home during the day. I assume the 2Gigs storage is an error. I've sent them a message for confirmation in case there's a gremlin in the system.
rm
Thursday 17 June 2004 8.34am
I have BT yahoo. It's great, in principle, but now I can't use outlook - it's all web based.

Thursday 17 June 2004 10.08am
I don't think it's a mistake, as people are sending more and more photos and large file images, BT are bowing to pressure - a lot of people would use more than 50MB
rm
Thursday 17 June 2004 10.33am
It's not a mistake. I have that much now as well phoney.
Thursday 17 June 2004 11.17am
It's not a mistake. If you want more space you have to buy it. I think it's 7.99 for 50mb per year. Also, you can still use Outlook, you just have to reconfigure it slightly. They should have sent you a link which explains how to do it (and I think allows you to do it automatically with one click).

It does seem a bit of a pain but you can get round it by getting Outlook to delete messages from the server as they are downloaded in order to keep your allocated 10mb empty. This works fine unless you'e receiving piles of big files.

On the bright side, their spam guard is pretty good. I get almost no spam now.
rm
Thursday 17 June 2004 12.06pm
bloke....

they never sent me anything. so how do i go about configuring outlook?
Thursday 17 June 2004 1.00pm
I'll have to look the mail out when I get home and post it tonight.
Thursday 17 June 2004 1.08pm
you'll need pop details and mail server details, as well as your login and password. Go to options in outlook and add your account...

follow the instructions on the tin.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: