Juillet Quatorze

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 15 July 2017 12.20am
Just got back from celebrating Bastille Day with my wife, grandson and his French girlfriend.
I sprang for dinner at Bellanger, Islington Green.
My eyes are definitely bigger than my belly, fortified by 3 or 4 glasses of champagne, I opted for 12 escargots rather than my normal 6 to start.
When my Choucroute à l'Alsacienne arrived, I didn't think that I'd do it justice, but pride wouldn't let me go the doggy-bag route, so I soldiered on, through the pork belly, ham hock, montbélier sausage, and garlic, all the way to the pickled cabbage at the bottom.
A Kaffee Kirsch and a balloon glass of Armagnac ended the meal beautifully.
Vive La France, et Angleterre aussi!
Saturday 15 July 2017 1.18pm
I tried Choucroute à l'Alsacienne a few years ago with a cousin, we had to share it, so you're a powerful man if you got through it on your own Tom, unless it was a smaller portion.
I received a WhatsApp video from a friend in New York this morning, she works for Air France, and had gone out with some co-workers, both French and American for a Bastille Day dinner at a French restaurant on Long Island.
Half a dozen of the waitresses were dressed as Can-Can girls, and a couple of times Offenbach's music started up, and the girls went into their act, it looked great on the video.
Only in America I guess!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: