Black Friday

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 November 2017 6.54pm
Love it, wait for it to come around and save a fair bit on stuff I would buy anyway.

Last year I went to the Levi shop in Regents st on my annual visit. Bought a pair of jeans. As soon as I picked them up they felt wrong, seemed much thinner material, anyway thought nothing of it.
After a few weeks of wear, the stitching had come loose around the hip area. Never happened before in all the years I have been wearing them.
So I took them back. They really didn't want to change them, suggested that they could re-stitch them, obviously I wasn't having that. I demanded a new pair and suggested that they were not of the usual standard and that I was suspicious because they were bought on Black Friday, "No no no!" they exclaimed. Anyway, I got my new jeans.

Beware is all I'm saying.
Friday 17 November 2017 1.57pm
Boroughonian...my mum used to say every January ( in the old days when sales happened) they buy 'excreta' in ( my word not hers!) they buy seconds from manufacturers. As a youngster I never believed her until a pair of trousers I'd bought didn't seem right. One leg was two inches shorter than the other...I had interesting time telling store even in a sale goods have to be fit for purpose...and my right leg wasn't going to grow shorter!
Friday 17 November 2017 8.16pm
Wise woman Jan, just shows you the tricks they play to get our hard earned.
Tuesday 21 November 2017 8.48pm
Well after that Which report yesterday, I'm feeling like a bit of a sucker.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2016/11/misleading-black-friday-offers-uncovered-by-which-investigation-455959/
Wednesday 22 November 2017 9.29pm
Thanks for that Boroughian , I am now furiously sharing! X
Thursday 23 November 2017 12.31pm
To compound my stupidity, missyb, who runs a small business, informed me last night of the impact of Black Friday on small businesses and that they struggle to keep up with the big companies.

That's me told.
Thursday 23 November 2017 2.24pm
Dear MissyB....print out which report and enlarge it and stick it on shop door...:-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network