Morrisey on Sadiq Khan

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 April 2018 12.50pm
In a recent interview for NME, Morrissey claims that Sadiq Khan 'cannot talk properly'.

When asked about the rise of violent crime in the capital, he took aim at (the) London Mayor:

“London is debased,” replied Morrissey. “The Mayor of London tells us about ”Neighborhood policin ” – what is ‘policin’? He tells us London is an ”amazin ” city. What is ‘amazin’? This is the Mayor of London! And he cannot talk properly! I saw an interview where he was discussing mental health, and he repeatedly said ”men’el ” … he could not say the words ‘mental health’. The Mayor of London! Civilisation is over!”

I find myself agreeing that Khan's style of speaking - sorry, 'speakin', is irritating and distracts from listening to what he's saying.

But, is Civilisation over?
Sunday 22 April 2018 5.47pm
I find it hard to credit that anyone, (and I’m NOT pointing at you Spartacus), would give any credence to what a jumped up, professional social outsider, clown of the first order, and celebrated celibate says.
I have no opinion on how Mayor Khan speaks, or on the man himself really, aside from the fact that I don’t agree with Labour policies.
I would have preferred a Tory or Lib-Dem mayor, I’d go as far as saying that if it came down to a straight contest between Labour, and a candidate from Marine Le Pen’s Front National, I’d be at the barricades, waving a Tricoleur.
I am however, a believer in Democracy, Mr. Khan won the election, so that’s it, he’s the Mayor.
Thursday 26 April 2018 11.13am
He blimmin' well go' i' from Blair
Tuesday 22 May 2018 3.43pm
Morrissey is spot on. Civilisation is over, at least the western one. We just don't see the full effects of it yet. Khan's speech pattern may seem like a trivial example that Morrissey is basing this conclusion on, but it doesn't make him wrong. A lot smarter men, like Thomas Sowell, speak about a point of no return for the western civilisation, and how we've crossed it already. Forget Khan's speech pattern, just look at his policies and actions.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network