Morrisey on Sadiq Khan

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 April 2018 12.50pm
In a recent interview for NME, Morrissey claims that Sadiq Khan 'cannot talk properly'.

When asked about the rise of violent crime in the capital, he took aim at (the) London Mayor:

“London is debased,” replied Morrissey. “The Mayor of London tells us about ”Neighborhood policin ” – what is ‘policin’? He tells us London is an ”amazin ” city. What is ‘amazin’? This is the Mayor of London! And he cannot talk properly! I saw an interview where he was discussing mental health, and he repeatedly said ”men’el ” … he could not say the words ‘mental health’. The Mayor of London! Civilisation is over!”

I find myself agreeing that Khan's style of speaking - sorry, 'speakin', is irritating and distracts from listening to what he's saying.

But, is Civilisation over?
Sunday 22 April 2018 5.47pm
I find it hard to credit that anyone, (and I’m NOT pointing at you Spartacus), would give any credence to what a jumped up, professional social outsider, clown of the first order, and celebrated celibate says.
I have no opinion on how Mayor Khan speaks, or on the man himself really, aside from the fact that I don’t agree with Labour policies.
I would have preferred a Tory or Lib-Dem mayor, I’d go as far as saying that if it came down to a straight contest between Labour, and a candidate from Marine Le Pen’s Front National, I’d be at the barricades, waving a Tricoleur.
I am however, a believer in Democracy, Mr. Khan won the election, so that’s it, he’s the Mayor.
Thursday 26 April 2018 11.13am
He blimmin' well go' i' from Blair

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network