Rees Mogg

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 14 July 2018 12.44pm
The Tony Benn of the Cons. Sensible gravitas discussions type... I am sure Tony would have got on with him... despite political differences... as Tony did with Enoch Powell! Tony was the only Labour figure at Enoch funeral and when Eric Heffer died Mrs Thatcher was at the funeral standing behind Tony Benn! But she said she simply HAD to come. "he was one of ours.. wasn't he? " yes great days when decent civilization and behaviour ruled

Cotswolds 12
Saturday 14 July 2018 1.25pm
When, exactly, was Thatcher the epitome of decent civilization and behaviour?

Please send your answer to the coalfields.

Oh. I forgot, we haven't got any more of them because of her behaviour.

The best thing I can say about Jacob Rees-Mogg is that he is a fuddy-duddy. An obscenely rich fuddy- duddy but a fuddy-duddy nonetheless.
Monday 16 July 2018 11.26am
Thebunhouse wrote:
When, exactly, was Thatcher the epitome of decent civilization and behaviour?
Please send your answer to the coalfields.

Oh. I forgot, we haven't got any more of them because of her behaviour.

The best thing I can say about Jacob Rees-Mogg is that he is a fuddy-duddy. An obscenely rich fuddy- duddy but a fuddy-duddy nonetheless.
Would that we had more fuddy duddies today.... wealthy or otherwise is immaterial. The police may have an easier job upholding the law then re ASB etc... Mrs T and Benn were generally so well behaved.... Yes the coal miners were especially sad but we needed cleaner energy etc but I fully supported Scargill and the miners and was on a Question Time BBC with Robin Day debating that very subject but off stage Mrs T was a very kind warm person.. but I believe there is something wrong in an organization i.e. BBC which lets go Carole Thatcher for jo brand for heaven sake.. also Robert Kilroy silk who was sacked by BBC for plain speaking .... I was on his show too with wondrous hospitality.... trouble today is people get squashed or quashed even for speaking their minds.. which can lead to dissent in other forms... Brian Hayes disappeared from LBC and Katie Hopkins also..... anyone interesting.... even if don't agree every bit of it is dismissed one way or another
Monday 16 July 2018 1.12pm
Let us remember that Katie Hopkins was sacked from LBC for calling for a "final solution" and Carol Thatcher from the BBC in the wake of using the word "Golliwog" to describe a black tennis player.

There is a difference between plain speaking (which, incidentally your hero, Powell, was very poor at, couching his racist dog whistles in classical allusions, and being a massive fan of the parenthetical and comma-delimited sub-clause) and being gratuitously offensive.
Monday 16 July 2018 1.37pm
Well no none is perfect BUT we must be allowed to hear them.. before jumping to conclusions.. At present some demons are not being covered by mainline media... only online etc plus people are being sacked etc without one actually hearing or studying the context

Cotswolds 12

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network