Dubonnet

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 28 June 2004 2.29pm
Why would anyone want to drink it, and if they did, what would they drink it with? I don't recommend fresh orange. At all.
Monday 28 June 2004 2.36pm
Forget Dubonnet - drink Dabinett.
Although Lou Reed asked for some Dubonnet and ice in 'Berlin'.
Monday 28 June 2004 2.41pm
I used to be allowed a little with ice or lemonade, if I was a very good little boy, at my granny's many years ago.

At an age when sherbert was lovely, and cola chews and shrimps tasted delicious and DEFINITELY just like the real thing, Dubonnet was considered (by me, to be) rather classy.

But definitely Dabinet these days.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 28 June 2004 2.42pm
Dabinet?
Monday 28 June 2004 2.57pm
A variety of c**** - what else? (actually a rather good alternative to any number of dry white wines presently on offer, just ask some of the se1ers who tried it at Maurits' bash).
Monday 28 June 2004 2.59pm
Of course. Apologies - I am stupidly hungover today. Or should that be hungoverly stupid?
Monday 28 June 2004 3.26pm
You are obviously lacking in Vitamin C(****). Doctor Ivanhoe would recommend immediate dosing up to keep you protected.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 28 June 2004 3.33pm
That sounds like the best idea I've heard all day. Could you recommend anything particularly restorative without being too challenging?

Monday 28 June 2004 3.35pm

On the subjest of "old" drinks does anyone drink Campari anymore. I had quite a lot of it in Italy once and couldn't quite decide whether it was disgustingly bitter or rather quite unusual.
Monday 28 June 2004 3.41pm
I love Campari. The pub I was in last night didn't have any and tried to tell me Dubonnet was just as good - gah! - it isn't. Campari and fresh orange is lovely. And such a pretty colour. Dubonnet and orange is a murky browny-green colour and tastes Dreadful.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: