Little Lady Fauntleroy

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 29 June 2004 2.13pm
Did anyone else see this on C4 last night, or was I dreaming?

Tuesday 29 June 2004 2.29pm
I saw it too Ma'am, a bizarre subject presented in a bizarre way. I remember somebody at work, a couple of years back, asking what had happened to that lad, he turned up on tv that very evening - but now he was a she.
Tuesday 29 June 2004 3.29pm
Only saw a tiny bit - but am I correct in thinking that it was the same young person who tried to sue the English government a few years ago on the basis that they had failed to manage the economy in a way that allowed their family to make pots of money?

"There's no use voting in elections - the government always wins!"
Anonymous User
Tuesday 29 June 2004 3.38pm
I started watching it then fell into a wine induced sleep. I remember when she appeared on the Big Breakfast a few years back, she doesn't look any different as a woman than she did as a boy. Wish I'd seen more if it, what is she up to now?
Tuesday 29 June 2004 4.13pm
Yes, it is the same person who tried to sue the government (or at least her Father) as for what she's up to now, any report I'd give couldn't do justice to what is a very strange story
Tuesday 29 June 2004 4.26pm
It was the weird kid with the photographic memory for antiques wasn't it? They used to wheel him out on chat shows for the country to laugh at... Odd boy, now whacky girl!!
Tuesday 29 June 2004 4.59pm

It was great - it has provided endless sources of amusement in our office today. We have compared him to another "freakish" thing - a famous little dog called Mr Winkle (famous in the USA apparently)
Have a look at his website - the similarities are astounding:

www.mrwinkle.com

Dan
Tuesday 29 June 2004 7.05pm
I watched it and while I thought the whole family was bizarre, it seemed amazing that James/Lauren was so upbeat about life considering the ridicule he/she was subjected to all his life by everyone trying to get a cheap laugh.
Why they continue to live where they do with all the hassle is beyond me.
This entire family seemed to need psychiatric help, not public humiliation.
Just because they invite the cameras in doesn't mean it's right to put them up for public mockery.

Great wits are close to madness near allied
And thin partitions do their bounds divide.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: