Saturday 10th July

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Tuesday 29 June 2004 6.08pm
I thought I would take this opportunity to repeat (sober this time) the invitation made at the last social.

Saturday 10th July is my(whisper it) 30th birthday and I am having a kind of open house from about 4pm until midnight. The idea is that you come along, drink a glass of champagne (or pervy) and salute the passing of my youth.

Of couse, the later you arrive, the more chance that you will saluting on your own whilst I am in a comatose heap on the sofa. Would love to see some SE1 Friends there.

All very welcome, just leave a note below that you are thinking of coming, and I will try and use the funky new Private Message system to mail the details.
Tuesday 29 June 2004 6.49pm
I would have loved to come along Harriet, but I'm away that weekend. I'll certainly think of you and raise a glass.
Tuesday 29 June 2004 9.29pm
I'd love to come. I have to go to my friend's child's second birthday party in the afternoon (such a glamorous social life I have) but if I get back to London at a reasonable time, I will definitely try to pop along, if only to put you into the recovery position.
Wednesday 30 June 2004 9.37am
TLMJJ,
Its all good practice.......kids I mean - not putting your friends into the recovery position.

And Hat, will we get party bags?

More seriously it is a really kind invitation and Stephen and I would love to accept. We will probably leave the kids at home (with babysitter), though both took a real shine to you.
Wednesday 30 June 2004 9.54am
I'm likely to be at work for most of the day (HUMBUG!!), but hope you have a lovely day. Remember, 30 is not old.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 30 June 2004 10.29am
Sarah / JoJo - great ! And Sarah, you would be welcome to bring the tree-climbers, though my bathroom would not be as exciting for them as Maurits'

Ivanhoe - we'll be there until midnight (I will be there is body at least, but cannot necessarily promise presence of spirit !) if you and Mrs I change your mind.

Am going to [try to] put the invite up on the web and then send you the link.
Wednesday 30 June 2004 10.55am
Count on me!
Wednesday 30 June 2004 11.16am
Alas, and alack, kind Harriet, I shall not be in town that night. You'll find your thirties aren't that bad... (actually I remember my 30th birthday as being the most depressing moment of my life).
Wednesday 30 June 2004 12.03pm
My 30's were great, although I don't remember much about them.
Wednesday 30 June 2004 12.06pm
Okay now this is spooky...it's also my 30th birthday on the 10th of July!
There are too many coincidences here: both (officially) called Harriet, both interested in porblematic post and now the exact same birthday....Do you think we're just the blonde/brunette versions of each other?
Unfortunately, being my 30th too, I shan't be able to come, to your open house, although I shall raise a toast to you in mutual celebration.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: