ideas for pressies?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 2 July 2004 12.22pm

actually not so last minute as i thought when i woke up - my mum's birthday is monday (the 5th) and i need to get her something. i live in se1, she lives in Northern Ireland... so heavy or bulky items not so good. Flowers are a standby and will be deployed if necessary but i have perhaps over-used these in the past.

any suggestions from the fertile minds of my fellow posters would be very much appreciated - thanks.
Friday 2 July 2004 12.28pm
Candlesticks. I know somebody who has a large stock of antique candlesticks that have been tried & tested in the post...
Friday 2 July 2004 12.59pm
Does she enjoy being pampered - aren't there now some spas/health clubs around Belfast for which you could get - think they were promoting this last time I was in NI: e.g. The Sensory at either the Belfast or Templepatrick Hiltons?
Friday 2 July 2004 1.03pm
So what is your mother like ?

Cashmere jumper / wrap always a good standby and there are places that will deliver next day on the net.

Alternatively, if your mum is a bit more funky, you could try something like the Aurora Alarm Clock at They deliver next day too.
Friday 2 July 2004 1.11pm

hey this is starting to look less bleak - thanks!!
Friday 2 July 2004 1.19pm
How about getting in touch with:
and have Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk) or Ken Kercheval (Cliff Barnes in Dallas) or former world heavyweight boxing champion, Larry Holmes or a whole host of z-list American "celebrities" call your Mother and wish her a happy birthday?
Anonymous User
Friday 2 July 2004 2.52pm
My mum asked for pink hair dye on her last birthday... it looked fabulous, I can heartily recommend it as a present!

Friday 2 July 2004 2.59pm
wow - tharg....

how did you find that? what a cool website!
Friday 2 July 2004 3.16pm
Credit where it's due, I was sent that link by Blake, during a recent bout of, "who can find the weirdest web-site".
Friday 2 July 2004 3.58pm
How about a case of Magnier's c****, although I'm not sure if it's just available in the Republic.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: