where can i find a live - in position in london ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 2 July 2004 4.55pm
want to look after house, eldery people etc...
Sunday 4 July 2004 7.26am
Get a copy of TNT from outside most tubes - it has a good selection of live in carers jobs.
Sunday 4 July 2004 8.56am
Probably worth saying more about yourself and what you are looking for. Are you happy with au pair terms? (25 hours a week light housework, room and board and a minimum of 55 pw pocket money and time to attend language school.) Will you need sponsoring for an au pair visa, or are you prepared to do some work in return for board but will also in a position to and want to be able to seek outside employment.

We have an au pair, our house is clean, and our lives are organised - relatively. Apparantly you don't need kids to be able to sponsor an au pair - just a spare room. And noone is going to object if you refer to him/her as your butler..............

More seriously our au pair is brilliant and is interested in doing some extra babysitting or ironing so if anyone needs a bit of help let me know.
Sunday 4 July 2004 11.15am
Can your au pair operate an apple scratter?
Sunday 4 July 2004 3.43pm
I don't know. I need to ask whether they have cider in Slovakia. I do however know that a favourite dish is made with cabbage and pasta. Maybe I can ask her to do the catering.
Monday 5 July 2004 11.46am
Cabbage and pasta. No offence Sarah, but I think that part of Slovakian cuisine is best left in Slovakia

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 5 July 2004 4.03pm
This doesn't sound too bad - would certainly mop up cider...

Haluski (pron. halushkey)
Slovak Cabbage and Noodles

1 head of cabbage, grated fine
1 pound of bacon
drippings from bacon

Noodles
1 raw potato, grated fine
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 beaten eggs
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon oil
extra flour for working noodles

Procedure

Put a large pan of water on to boil for noodles. Combine dry ingredients for noodles in mixing bowl. Make well in center of flour mixture and add all other ingredients. Mix well. Divide dough out into four pieces. Roll one piece out at a time, to about 1/8" thick. Cut into strips, keeping them floured so they don't stick to each other. Cook in batches for about 2-3 minutes or until done. Drain noodles.

Fry Bacon until crisp. When done with bacon, fry cabbage in same grease. Cook cabbage until it starts to brown. When cabbage is done, crumble bacon into cabbage, and add to noodles. Stir and enjoy hot.

Fair warning: This recipe makes a meal like lead, so be prepared to go to sleep.

Substitution: Use macaroni instead of making the noodles from scratch. Not as good, but will pass.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 5 July 2004 5.00pm by Lang Rabbie.
Monday 5 July 2004 4.55pm
I think we'll have to agree to differ on that, Rabbie.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 5 July 2004 10.43pm
Is there no end to Rabbie's knowledge........ though the au pair is vegetarian, so it comes without the bacon. The next social can be at my house.
Monday 5 July 2004 11.13pm
My favourite food in the whole world is a Polish dish made substanially from cabbage and pasta - don't knock it Ivanhoe. I shall have to take you and Mrs I to that Polish restaurant that everyone seems to have forgotten about and that I never got round to trying out. Polish people can do things you would never imagine with root vegetables...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network