Digital Photo Comps.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 17 July 2004 9.00am
I notice in the gallery section of this comp a photo of the Tate Sun exhibit
submitted by 'm'. Is that one of you lot?
I submitted a Tate Sun photo for the 2003 Lumix award and didn't even
get shortlisted.
This years theme is 'Perfect Place'. I have submitted a couple of photos. Each monthly entry seems to be quite low so it's worth having a go.
Although the choices of the judges always amazes me. Most of last years entries seemed not to bear even a tenuous connection to the theme.

http://www.panasonic-europe.com/lumix/awards/home.asp

If you know of any interesting photo comps!
Here's one I took some time ago by John Harvard Library. Charles Dickens lived inside this wall.
Monday 19 July 2004 3.25pm
Phoney, I used to take photographs a few years ago as part of my job. The thing that I had to remember was: always follow the brief. There was quite often the chance of taking something very photogenic, but it wasn't always what I was being asked to produce, so I had to curb my instincts and stick to the brief. As regards competitions, I think that the Judges operate by different rules again, I would guess (only by observation) that themes for most photographic competitions are stated in the hope that they might inspire an entrant to come up with something a little more imaginative than literal representations - the wow factor - although what makes you go "wow" may be very different to what the Judges are looking for. Like you, I've often been mystified as to why some entries have been singled out.
The only photographic competition I've ever entered, had the very clever condition that everybody took photographs with exactly the same camera, and so nobody was able to complain about their equipment being worse than anyone else.
Tuesday 20 July 2004 5.04pm
Are you sure Phoney?
it doesn't look wide enough!
Tuesday 20 July 2004 10.11pm
Anyway it was his dad.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: