David Hasslehoff and the fall of the Berlin Wall

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 4.16pm
The other night Mr D and I bumped into FabHat and Mr FabHat and, as we chatted, talk came around to the subject of David Hasselhoff (as it does, obviously). Mr D and I then waxed lyrical about that fateful night night in 1989 when the Berlin Wall fell and to celebrate there was a David Hasselhoff concert. This was the point at which the FabHats looked at us strangely and inched away!

Well, today there is a story about David's part in the end of the cold war - <a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3465301.stm">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3465301.stm</a>; and I wondered what other surreal memories other had about world events.
Tuesday 27 July 2004 4.26pm
The Queen Mother's party, which involved a procession on Horse Guards' Parade, a few years ago. It looked like the biggest, crappest village fete I've ever seen, and involved a march by groups of people who were supposed to represent various, important stages in the last 100 years of British history. Some of them were dressed as aeroplanes(!) while Teddy Boys and Punk Rockers and the like, were also represented. It was one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen on tv, and I wish I had it on video.
Wednesday 28 July 2004 8.48am
Actually, David Hasslehoff is currently ruining "Chicago" somewhere in the West End. That must be a nomination for one of the more bizarre world events, surely..........?
Wednesday 28 July 2004 11.10pm
For true appreciation of the man's talent, read the reviews of his records here. You won't be disappointed, I'm sure!
Thursday 29 July 2004 9.26am
Andrew -
My fav quote from the "rave reviews" -

My God, can those Germans keep a secret! First the Kelly Family and now Nat King Hasselhoff

[still. nice weather.]
Wednesday 11 August 2004 2.46pm
..and you know that the wonderful DH now is staying in southwark (he is renting one of the penthouses in a building on the southbank)

i still love him - met him once in the very low rent pierre victoire just off oxford street - where he put up with huge groupie affection to the extent of singing happy birthday to a friend and signing menus for us

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: