Big Brother

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 31 July 2004 10.25pm
I can't believe Michelle was evicted rather than that miserable beefcake, Jason.

But then, I can't believe Big Brother has been on for weeks and weeks and we haven't really talked about it.
Sunday 1 August 2004 11.56pm

i haven't really got into this one
Monday 2 August 2004 7.18am
I can't believe any of the contestants were evicted. This was an ideal opportunity to seal the compound and keep a dozen desperate misfits off the street.
Monday 2 August 2004 11.41am
Tee hee!
Monday 2 August 2004 2.11pm
I've watched it from time to time, and find it profoundly dispiriting. The people who appear on it are dreadful, and I gather that there are no shortage of volunteers, what is it with the notion of celebrity? And the cynics who put it out are just as bad. Are you familiar with "Bum Fights"?
I remember seeing Oprah Winfrey for the first time, about fifteen years ago and being shocked that people should want to go on tv and air their dirty laundry, and in my ignorance thinking that it could never happen in this country. Now, if I'm minded, I can tune into Trisha every day and see a ghastly parade of freaks and show-offs disputing the paternity of their poor children.

Ignorance is bliss
Monday 2 August 2004 7.27pm
Well really! I come to this Forum to mix amongst the upper classes what do not watch Big Brother... and what do I find - a discussion about the wretched show!

How frightfully common!

But while I'm on, I too was disappointed that Jason is still in. Methinks he will even survive on Wednesday, because he has a larger fanbase than Shell..

Of the remaining housemates, I like Dan, and Shell is O.K. (skinny, beautiful, high-achiever that she is - too disgusting for words, really!). Stuart is very average. I am not a mother of sons, but I have noticed on other Forums dedicated to the trashy show, that the mammies of boys all feel sorry for Stu, because Michelle had her evil way with him. I just think he must have heard the word 'no' by now..

I would be quite happy to see Nadia win, because she seems the one who least expected to last this long. I have defended her right to be seen as a Prenormal woman from Day 1 of BB5.

But I have despaired at the behaviour of the housemates at times this year.
Last year, Cameron was so clean and so nice..and of course your very own Jade was highly entertaining in a TYPICALLY SE 1 type of way..

By the way, my trip to London recently was very successful (apart from having 2 hormonal teenage daughters who can't stand the sight of each other in tow).. we particularly enjoyed visiting Elstree, to see where the BB set was... and we also (eventually) found Waitrose in Canary Wharf - very impressive indeed. Went to Beckon to see where we nearly stayed last year..
Big Woolworths there, but in common with other Woolies, they seem totally unprepared for the possibility that customers might actually want to make a purchase...can't they get enough staff to man the checkouts?

Went on boat trip from Westminster to Greenwich (the most touristy thing we've done in a long time)...nice.

Premier Lodge Kings X was fine - our view was literally a building site (a bit of a novelty, seeing hunky builders 12 feet away from you when you open the curtains each morning), but work stopped around 4.00 p.m., so it was O.K.

All in all, London was as pleasant as ever...
Tuesday 3 August 2004 10.07am
How thoroughly depressing.
Tuesday 3 August 2004 11.01am
Fear not Deidre, some of us have kept up standards and not watched it all.

In fact, with the even more crap television than usual this year, and three weeks of the Olympics to come, I think I will have broken the back of my pile of unread novels before going on my hols this year! [Unless the cider drinkers entice me into the Royal Oak too often]
Tuesday 3 August 2004 11.47am
I'm shocked that a fogey like you even has one! (Unless an authentic 1930's B&W with a screen the size of a Penguin and a box the size of a Tardis.

(Penguin novel, that is.)
Wednesday 4 August 2004 12.00pm
Lang Rabbie Wrote:
>I think I will have broken the back of my
> pile of unread novels before going on my hols this
> year!

Not much to look fwd to on hols, Rabbie, if you've read all your books.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: