Free Tickets to see Angus Deayton

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 2 August 2004 4.32pm
Wasn't sure if you had seen this: Bognor or Bust - with Angus Deayton

Angus Deayton (Have I Got News For You, One Foot In The Grave, 'Nighty, Night', Hell's Kitchen) returns with a brand new primetime ITV comedy quiz show! Two team captains (members of the public) get to choose two celebrity team mates from a Usual Suspects" style line up.... Will they go for brains or beauty? Angus will then pose a series of current affairs questions that they must get right in order to win an exotic holiday rather than a week in Bognor.

If neither team mate is successful, a lucky member of the studio audience could walk away with a luxurious free holiday. Angus promises to be as cheeky as ever and the celebrity team mates will include two comics every week.

Dates: Wednesdays 1st and 8th September (doors open at 6.15pm, close 6.45pm)

London studios, Upper ground, London SE1 9LT (click here for directions & map)
Nearest tube Waterloo - Northern, Bakerloo, Jubilee and Waterloo & City line
Please note individuals under 18 will not be admitted.

ALL TICKETS ARE FREE and are now available - you can call us on (020) 8530 8100. You can also book via our webpage, or alternatively simply e-mail www.lostintv.comwith your full name, address, contact number and how many tickets you require.

Please not I have nothing to do with this, just thought some of you might enjoy.

JS
Tuesday 3 August 2004 10.08am
as if.
Tuesday 3 August 2004 10.55am
"Angus Deayton (Have I Got News For You, One Foot In The Grave, 'Nighty, Night', Hell's Kitchen)"

Oh it's that Angus Deayton. Now if it had been the Hawick butcher of the same name demonstrating his black pudding making skills, I might have been interested.

"a brand new primetime ITV comedy quiz show!"

Oh dear, another reason for staying in the pub in the early evening rather than returning home
rm
Tuesday 3 August 2004 11.06am
"Please not I have nothing to do with this, just thought some of you might enjoy"

So the use of the words "us" and "our" are coincidental - as is the press release style text!

it sounds horrendous. I agree with Lang Rabbie - more books to read and more reasons to stay out!
Tuesday 3 August 2004 11.11am
The cynics among you.

No I have nothing to do with this. I just copied and pasted.

In fact I work in engineering which is a long way from television. (TFIC)

JS
Tuesday 3 August 2004 11.45am
I thought so too, until I noted that j.stock registered on 8th June, and thought that it would be beyond the BBC to register a username so far in advance. And for that user to contribute to ivanhoe's Cider thread!
Tuesday 3 August 2004 11.55am
J.Stock - I'm afraid we've all been made a little bit more cynical by a recent spate of spamming messages ! Hope it hasn't put you off contributing.

Now, if you'd put TFIC ( (c) the SE1 Forum) in your original post - we'd all have spotted you for one of our own (also, TFIC)...
Tuesday 3 August 2004 1.07pm
Thanks Mapmaker and Siduhe, much appreciated.

Just thought that the less "high-brow" members of this forum might have liked to go to see something for nothing with the chance of winning a holiday. I do apologise if I offended anyone. (TFIC)

js
Tuesday 3 August 2004 1.10pm
j.stock

Sorry if you've included me in the cynics - I had spotted the obvious c+p from the press release, so didn't hold you responsible for the bloody awful gushing prose.

Although it can be a pain, I'd suggest that netiquette on these forums is to put stuff like this into quotes and, if possible, include the source e.g.
www.lostintv.com

Having just spent a very pleasant weekend just down the coast from Bognor, I had some sympathy with this news story, which must have broken in April when they were hunting for contestants ...

‘Bognor's not a booby prize'

>A week in the much-maligned English seaside resort of Bognor Regis has been named as a booby prize in a television quiz, causing anger among tourist bosses and councillors.

>The ITV series Bognor or Bust, hosted by shamed presenter Angus Deayton, will be a news quiz in which contestants will try to avoid “winning” a week in the resort.

>According to The Times, which this morning reports the story, the south coast resort pulls in some 1.5 million visitors a year, generating some 50 million for the local economy.

>The newspaper quotes councillor Sylvia Oliver as saying: “It is disgraceful for a TV company to pick on our town like this. We rely on tourism as a major industry, and people who live and work here are very proud of this traditional and beautiful town.

>'Last year we had the most hours of sunshine on the mainland, we have beautiful beaches and plenty of attractions. Bognor is not a booby prize, it's a first prize.”

>The town's tourism officer Tim Bell added: “It will take more than a game show to affect Bognor's economy

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 3 August 2004 1.14pm by Lang Rabbie.
rm
Tuesday 3 August 2004 1.18pm
I apologise for not paying enough attention to the forum! Hope I didn't offend anyone.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: