lunchtime entertainment...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 12 August 2004 2.27pm
Sometimes it's not too bad over the wharf...I listened to two lovely artistes in costume singing this lovely duet. (right outside Prets in the underground shopping mall).and the annoying thing is I can't think of the title, another senior moment I know was in a film from the Eighties with David Bowie/Susan Sarandon about vampires.
Made a change for a lunch hour to go so quickly with out being in a pub! They were in the atrium and accoustics were aided by a small hidden mike..lovely...

and last night there was a dragon boat race, more tonight with a b.b.q.added....

p.s. can any one else remember the music?
Anonymous User
Thursday 12 August 2004 2.35pm
The film was The Hunger Jan, all I remember is spooky music though and I think Lakme (sp?). You've certainly got me thinking though...
Thursday 12 August 2004 2.45pm
Spot on both of you.

It's the Flower Duet from Lakmé by Léo Delibes - a duet for two women (Lakmé and Mallika).

Been used in loads of films, but IMHO, to best effect in the Hunger where Catherine Denevue uses it to seduce Susan Sarandon...

Thursday 12 August 2004 3.02pm
And British Airways used it ti flog tickets for years.
Thursday 12 August 2004 3.21pm
Now I'm driving everyone mad by lah lah lah lah lah lahing!

but at least I know my lah lahs name...thank you
Anonymous User
Thursday 12 August 2004 5.00pm
You & me both Jan! I wonder how far it will spread by the end of the evening?
Thursday 12 August 2004 5.46pm
Darn, the movie's not been rereleased on DVD.

>The Hunger will be available in the UK and Europe on DVD soon. No exact release date is confirmed yet but preliminary information gives October 18 2004. As soon as we know more, the information will be posted on this site.

>The DVD picture has been mastered in 16:9 Widescreen (Anamorphically Enhanced for widescreen TV's) that provides the very best picture quality and can also be viewed on a normal TV. ... The sound is mastered in Dolby Digital 2.0 (Stereo).

Source: Fast Rewind
Thursday 12 August 2004 6.19pm
Speaking of tunes being stuck in your head, yesterday I was very happy to have Undying Love by Daniel Johnston and Jad Fair, running on a loop in my head, today I woke up with an extremely annoying advertising jingle in its place. How do I get rid of the jingle?
Friday 13 August 2004 9.47am
Tharg, drinker of Pervy Wrote:
> How do I get rid of the jingle?

I suggest muffling your bells

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 13 August 2004 11.05am
Hum God save the Queen to yourself. Works every time & removes your thoughts from an unpatriotic catchy tune. I Vow to Thee My Country works well too - but not if you're in Hulme.

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: