Digital interactive

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 14 August 2004 8.26am
Isn't it fantastic? Press the Red button and you can watch those obscure olympic events that don't normally get a look in.
This building is covered with scaffolding at the moment for installation of double glazing and everyones reception is gone to the dogs so I picked up a FREEVIEW box in tescos for under 50 quid and the reception is crystal clear and you can pick up digital radio as well -- clear as a bell.
It's just funfantastic.
Saturday 14 August 2004 6.01pm

not to mention BBC4 (and plenty of home shopping, and Baywatch Hawaii)
Monday 16 August 2004 11.28am
Do you need a modern tv for freeview? I bought mine in 1986 so I wonder if it has the necessary socket. Excuse my ignorance.
Monday 16 August 2004 12.18pm
Does your TV have a SCART socket?

If so, then any Freeview box will work with your TV.

If not, then you need to look for a box which has an "RF modulator" built in, which will work with a normal aerial lead.

The cheaper boxes tend to have RF loopthrough, which isn't quite the same thing.

Modulator is the key word to look for in the specification.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 16 August 2004 1.21pm
Childrens TV on Freeview has been a Godsend.

My Godson, 11, His sister, 5, and my neice , 8, have stayed with me over the past 2 weeks.

CBBC, CBeebies and suclike have saved my bacon.

Kevin
Monday 16 August 2004 2.21pm
why? do they eat less when watching cartoons?

If so, then I think we should be aware of the threat to proper infant nutrition being posed by these wastes of licensepayers' money.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 17 August 2004 3.21pm
Over the weekend we "lost" ITV, ITV2 and Channel 4 from our Freeview. They have all now reappeared, did anyone else find this happened to them or does anyone have any ideas why it might have happened?
Tuesday 17 August 2004 3.53pm
deepali k wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Over the weekend we "lost" ITV, ITV2 and Channel 4
> from our Freeview. They have all now reappeared,
> did anyone else find this happened to them or does
> anyone have any ideas why it might have happened?

It's Mapmaker. In one of his alter egos (this one a criminal mastermind: think Lex Luthor with a strong dislike of detector vans), he's slowly chipping away at the reception so that we all have to be like the kids on "Why Don't You?"

[youngsters on the forum, please don't pretend you've never heard of the ex TV programme that, somewhat paradoxically I thought - in the days before I knew what a paradox was - suggested that you "turnoffyourtelevisionsetandgoandfindsomethinglessboringtodo"]

Tuesday 17 August 2004 4.31pm
I was once involved in the (technical?) support for a week's worth of episodes of this programme.

Edited to add that I used to find it's jingle the only invitation I required to turn off the... etc.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 17 August 2004 4.32pm by Mapmaker.
Wednesday 18 August 2004 8.12am
Mapmaker wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was once involved in the (technical?) support
> for a week's worth of episodes of this programme.

Blimey! It must have worked. One week's involvement and he's never watched the TV since!

(I'm off to watch ".......Millionaire" :0))

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: