FAO Bloke

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 19 August 2004 11.17am
http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-blo3.htm

Just came across this. Thought it might interest you (and perhaps prompt another change of name)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 19 August 2004 11.37am

it's actually a really interesting site
(how sad am I?)
Thursday 19 August 2004 11.46am
red bus wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > it's actually a really interesting site
> (how sad am I?)

Can't comment on sadness, but you're definitely not Bloke

Thursday 19 August 2004 12.21pm
Ooh marvellous. Today though, I feel like a fuzzy-bloke as opposed to a buzzy-gloak ( Mr Tharg and I were on the Wilkes last night). I love sites like that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Is a buzzy-gloak like a footpad?
Thursday 19 August 2004 12.34pm
I don't think it's as comfortable as a footpad

Thursday 19 August 2004 12.44pm
No, Buzzgloaks were a punk rock band.
Thursday 19 August 2004 5.51pm
I've added it to my favs, Good fun.
Thursday 19 August 2004 11.37pm
Humph. I posted a link to this website back in March, and no one added it to their favourites then, or even commented on how good it was...

It's a brilliant site - well worth a browse, even if just to gaze on the pic of the author. In fact, especially for the pic of the author.

Friday 20 August 2004 8.41am
How cool is he? And...

'Another chance encounter led him to his next post, Curator of the Cider Museum in Hereford. He planned and developed this museum from an idea in the trustees' minds to its opening, running research and conservation projects and fund-raising by the then new means in modern Britain of a public scratchcard lottery. “One lady in a group I was lecturing to said that it was bad enough to be creating a visitor attraction about alcoholic drink, without using gambling to pay for it!” He wrote two books about orcharding and cidermaking, one just called Cidermaking from Shire Publications, the other A Drink for its Time, published by the Museum...'
Friday 20 August 2004 9.31am
Drink cider and increase your vocabulary.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: