3059 Jedi, have Southwark

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 31 August 2004 3.32pm
In the course of doing some actual work, I have just been reminded of the campaign (at the time of the 2001 Census) to get "Jedi" recognised as an official religion.

I know you will be as comforted as I am by the knowledge that there are around 3059 Jedi in Southwark - some 1.2% of the borough's total population - making it the 27th largest concentration of Jedis in the country.

Death Stars and evil tyrants take note....

*amended for stray apostrophes*

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 31 August 2004 3.32pm by Siduhe.
Tuesday 31 August 2004 3.33pm
Yoda is a nonce
Tuesday 31 August 2004 3.41pm
Spot the Sith Lord...
Tuesday 31 August 2004 4.00pm
........was a grafitto spotted by myself and Blake several years ago, we laughed ourselves sick - it was utterly inexplicable.
Tuesday 31 August 2004 4.25pm
Whereas Lambeth has 4,745 of their co-religionists, constituting 1.8% of my fellow Lambethans - the 6th highest concentration in the country. What I found even more puzzling was the even larger number in Wandsworth, not noted for its student population.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/census2001/profiles/rank/jedi.asp
Tuesday 31 August 2004 4.25pm
I too proclaimed on the census that my religion was Jedi, although at the time I was living in Worcester (which was 100th)

strong the force was with me then.
married now I am

"edited to add statistic"

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 31 August 2004 4.28pm by Roadrunner.
Tuesday 31 August 2004 4.36pm
Slightly off topic am I, but pleased also was I with the discovery that possible it is for to obtain an in-plug for MSN Messenger translating it is all typed speech into that of Yoda when posting. Confused my mother was upon first use...
Wednesday 1 September 2004 8.12am
Sedgefield is practically at the bottom, yet we know they have a sense of humour.
Wednesday 1 September 2004 8.26am
slightly strange, is it not, that Jedi seems to be a recognised "religion", and yet paganism, practically the oldest religion of all does not.
Wednesday 1 September 2004 8.40am
Wasn't the purpose of the campaign for people to put down Jedi as their religion to get it recognised as such? Something to do with a religion having to have 10,000 members to be recognised (the exact figure escapes me).
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: