Where is everyone this morning?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9
Tuesday 7 September 2004 3.06pm
I do like celeriac remoulade though.
Tuesday 7 September 2004 3.38pm
And I like pork pies and lager.
Friday 10 September 2004 9.53pm
What are the top birds doing this weekend.........

Taking the car for its MOT, waiting for a dishwasher to be delivered, and lots of washing and ironing isn't a top birds weekend. Nor is any shopping that involves 4 lbs of King Edwards. Dream on.
Saturday 11 September 2004 12.41am
Well, I've been crocheting, and cleaning out Birdie's cat's litter tray.

Bridget Jones, eat your heart out.
Saturday 11 September 2004 2.54am
I shall be at a party tomorrow night, but there is also something quite good behind Peckham Library at 8pm till late with some kind of arty exploding something, animation etc. which is apparently in Time Out .
Sunday 12 September 2004 10.21am
I went there with Blake, a month or so ago, it was utter cobblers. They've got an amazing space down there, which they'd filled with the laziest, most ill-thought-through, let's-put-anything-in-a-heap-in-the-corner-of-the-room-and-call-it-art, pile of cack it's been my misfortune to see in a long time; furthermore: it was shoddy, amateurish, pretentious, and plain bloody embarassing. There was also some performance art. It was bad, very, very, very bad. It was inept, in terms of both concept and realisation.
As regards levels of engagement: the work on display certainly connected with me on an emotional level, during the course of procedings, I got an overwhelming urge to round up the people involved, and kick their arses really hard. On an intellectual level, I found it tiresome, and before anyone says anything about it being "challenging", I challenge any of those artists to explain why they shouldn't smarten themselves up, and go out and get proper jobs.
Grr!
Sunday 12 September 2004 10.46am
I assume you didn't go, then.
Sunday 12 September 2004 11.27am
Tharg - I assume that was last month's "international artists residency"

This weekend was a joint event with Exploding Cinema - which contains some people who used to produce quite good stuff :http://www.explodingcinema.org/

>SHUNDAHAI - a night of underground film, video, performance and magic
11th Sept. 2004 - 8pm till very late
AREA 10, The Old Whitten Timber Yard, Peckham High Street, London, SE15 (behind Peckham Library, on Peckham Sq.)

[But then I read this...]

>"Shundahai"(SSUN-dah-hi) is a Newe (Western Shoshone) word that means, "Peace and harmony with all creation" , or the "good feeling when someone gives you a hug and you're smiling in your heart."

[LR Bah humbug - hippy claptrap]
Sunday 12 September 2004 11.32am
So neither Lang Rabby nor Tharg attended last night's events, then?
Sunday 12 September 2004 12.28pm
Sadly not. And Rabbie is quite right, it was the International Artists Residency that I attended (for international artists, read: idlers, scoundrels and ne'er-do-wells, from all over the shop.)
Grr!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network