is summer over?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 September 2004 4.13pm
got our dates for the xmas office party yesterday and i notice the shops are clearing the shelves ready for the xmas stock--isn't it depressing!
Thursday 2 September 2004 4.19pm
I heard on the news this morning that we are due an Indian Summer.
I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it sounds good.
Thursday 2 September 2004 5.21pm
It means they're going to move all our weather out to India, the same as they're doing with call-centres. I tried getting train times to Chepstow recently, the poor confused soul, sat thousands of miles away, insisted on giving me times for tains to Chester.
Thursday 2 September 2004 5.31pm
Tell me about it, Tharg! As much as I love India, communicating with call centres in India is really difficult when both people in tyhe dialogue don't have English as a mothertongue. Must sound like a sitcom when I ring them up!
Thursday 2 September 2004 9.56pm
Seeing Maurit's name as the last poster, and knowing his poetical tastes from a previous thread, I thought he might have posted this:

As Summer into Autumn slips
And yet we sooner say
"The Summer" than "the Autumn," lest
We turn the sun away,

And almost count it an Affront
The presence to concede
Of one however lovely, not
The one that we have loved --

So we evade the charge of Years
On one attempting shy
The Circumvention of the Shaft
Of Life's Declivity.

Emily Dickinson

So, I shall instead as my part of my one man campaign to civilise the rough brutes of the chatter forum (TVFIC)
Friday 3 September 2004 8.02am
One man campaign? Whenever I hear Christian Bok's poetry, it reminds me of what it is to be alive: http://www.epc.buffalo.edu/sound/mp3/sp/bok/01_bok.mp3
And also: http://www.epc.buffalo.edu/sound/mp3/sp/bok/05_bok.mp3
You'll need a soundcard and a little patience while it downloads.
Friday 3 September 2004 11.58am
Crazy!
Wednesday 8 September 2004 11.14am
Lang rabbie! Have been in Italy for a week, hence the late reply! Thanks for that poem: lovely! Isn't she fantastic?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: