NY-LON

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 15 September 2004 1.29pm
Has anyone seen this TV show? I've missed it so far but its about a couple having a transatlantic love affair.

Apparently in last nights episode they were in New York and went out for dinner. Their choise of venue in the Big Apple? Meson Don Felipe on The Cut!

Things that should be in SE1 that end up on 5th Avenue!!
Wednesday 15 September 2004 10.10pm
I was looking forward to NY-LON - the publicity for it made me think it would be great...but after 1 episode I wasn't convinced. Much was made of the 'stunning' shots of New York, the first time a British production had filmed there...but it was so familiar from US shows that it left me cold. Some reviewer had said that it made London quite good too - they seemed surprised by that.

I love watching shows set in London - I remember Capital City with fondness, and Love Hurts (they had a yummy house in Chiswick..)...I even remember the New Avengers...

I also enjoy watching my own city, Dublin, on screen. It always looks better than in real life! A lot of liberties are taken when portraying Dublin...but putting a restaurant SE1 in New York has to take the ...cookie!
Anonymous User
Thursday 16 September 2004 8.00am
I've just come back from a weekend in Dublin - it was looking pretty good to me! (Could that have been the Guinness goggles??)
Thursday 16 September 2004 8.43am
Another top bird's weekend?
Anonymous User
Thursday 16 September 2004 8.54am
A top weekend but work orientated - I arranged a conference for 150 of our staff. I don't think I've ever worked so hard - it was like having 150 children to look after!

When the work bit stopped the drinking bit started - it wasn't pretty!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: