"Going Straight" (TV programme)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 22 September 2004 3.30pm
TV programme on last night. Caught some of it whilst channel flicking. Ex cons being drafted into a florists for the sake of TV (and no doubt a few brownie points with the parole board).

What next for the sake of television? Ex dictators learning to curb illegal parking (this one's been done)?

Just ridiculous. Always giving something for nothing when there are honest people out there scratching around for a decent living.
Wednesday 22 September 2004 4.11pm
maybe they could do a 'reality' tv show about a digital cartographer, who gets made redundant when his job moves to Swindon, and who then has to struggle to find work, when he doesn't have qualifications, but 5 years experience. They could show how he spends his redundancy on paying for an intensive training course to be an electrician (or a plumber), and then how he gets a job, and works long hard hours, and eventually pays of his debts, creates his own company, and becomes a self made multimilionaire, with several electrical (or plumbing) companies across Europe!
all in the space of 4 months, with the help of several of the best well known and well loved 'celebrity' electricians (or plumbers).

'anyone can do anything, given enough opportunity, and enough support from the highest people in the biz, with lots of contacts, and the possibility of self promotion!'
Wednesday 22 September 2004 8.45pm
celebrity plumbers???
Wednesday 22 September 2004 10.47pm
Celebrity plumbers: Stopcock and Brown, Melvin Lag, Billie Piper, the Marquis of Bath, Ian Dury and the Blockage.
Thursday 23 September 2004 3.29pm
Stopcock, Haichbend, and Waterman?
Monday 27 September 2004 8.57am
Hey, I earned 50 allowing the BBC to film the Pimlico Plumbers sign from my roof. They were making a documentary about city bankers who become plumbers. Never saw the programme though.
Monday 27 September 2004 11.52am
how about solictors in Lower Marsh....Steel & Shamash...or the baby shop that used to be in lewisham..D.Swaddling....
Monday 27 September 2004 2.52pm
I used to see a hospital consultant called "Dr Slaughter" - I can't tell you how nervous I was the first time I had to go and see him!
Monday 27 September 2004 6.53pm
My doctor at Decima St is called Dr. Payne.
Tuesday 28 September 2004 5.53pm
>>>a 'reality' tv show about a digital cartographer

Oi! You!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: