pet Insurance

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 27 September 2004 10.49am
Can any one recommend pet insurers? my daughter has just acquired a puppy ( springer spaniel ) who seems to be living up to it's name and springing every where!
Monday 27 September 2004 11.46am
We use Pet Protect - they deal with claims quickly and efficiently 0870 4004899
Tuesday 28 September 2004 8.10am
We use RSPCA insurance which is very reasonable and a percentage (I can't remember how much off hand) goes to the charity.
Tuesday 28 September 2004 10.58am
My CKC spaniel is insured with More Than. I haven't had to make a claim but chose them as they provide life long cover for any problems, whilst most insurers will only cover a symptom for the year after its diagnosis - not very helpful if your pet has a problem that gets progressively worse over a number of years. I think Pet Plan works like this too.
Tuesday 28 September 2004 3.12pm
I use Pet Plan and have done for years for my dog who although a rottweiler / labrador cross and very sturdy has the benefit of the insurance because you never know... And I would want instant treatment for him...

There are stacks of companies out there, just like motor insurance - just got to sift through... My vet recommended Pet Plan and we've used her for years so trusted her opinion.

Bien joué...
Wednesday 29 September 2004 2.32pm
Thanks to you all....I never realised there were so many p.i. companies....in the few days since posting the little darling has chewed through the telephone wire, I think that any money invested in insuring this nine inch high terror will be well spent!
Wednesday 29 September 2004 2.48pm
Puppies and kittens are extra fascinated by electrical cables - two solutions:

1. buy lots of cable cover (wire loom is toughest, but doesn't look too industrial - usually cheaper to get this from a telcoms supplier than a pet shop, but Robert Dyas do them too) and cover up all cables; or

2. get anti-chew spray (like the stuff people paint on their nails to stop from biting them) from a pet shop.

He will grow out of it, especially when you start taking him along to training classes. Dogs get pretty territorial when they settle in to a new home, so he should soon start guarding it, rather than taking it to bits piece by piece...
Wednesday 29 September 2004 3.50pm
Thats a brilliant idea about the cable covers...she's trying to find a training class nearby...( she lives in derbyshire)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: