Hola companeros.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 5 October 2004 9.44pm
How's your espanol coming on ?

Spanish Eyes
Thursday 7 October 2004 1.25pm
It was coming on very nicely, but sadly our lovely tutor has had to go back to spain for a couple of months - and I was sick last night so missed the meet up - I think we're looking for a new tutor to cover until Isabelle gets back, so fingers crossed!
Thursday 7 October 2004 3.25pm
Hola...hope you're feeling better Claire. We took some unilateral action and posted for a tutor (we did so badly without Isabel to keep us on the straight and narrow - too distracted by pad thai mmmm and, well most anything else...) but no takers as yet : ( People in the gym look at me strangely as I mutter (probably incorrect) Spanish verb conjugations through my sweat....

I've defected to E9 temporarily, but would still be up for Spanish conversation some time.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 7 October 2004 3.41pm by pockettiger.
Thursday 7 October 2004 9.39pm
Yes, sorry, had very bad reaction to flu jab - which I did want in the first place, but somehow got talked into! I know for next time! I'll see if I can find anyone as well - I'm going to e:mail Isabelle, and she may know someone. Catch up soon! :O)
Thursday 7 October 2004 10.49pm
Yes, but did you click on --->Spanish Eyes<---
Friday 8 October 2004 9.11am
I did indeed, but sadly it won't work on my work pc.
Friday 8 October 2004 2.28pm
Yes - thank you. Everyone in my office looked at me very strangely.
Friday 8 October 2004 5.43pm
I just played it for the office cleaner - but she's Bolivian.
Friday 8 October 2004 8.12pm
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid died in Bolivia.
Sunday 10 October 2004 5.08am
About 10 years ago they did an archaeolgical excavation in the Bolivian equivalent of "Boot Hill" on two graves of Americans from the right time frame. Everything was going well - right studs from the jeans, right nails from the boots etc (except that "Butch" seemed a little tall, but no big deal) they alerted the worlds press and everyone and his Aunt trogged off to Bolivia (not the easiest of journies) to cover the story. Anyway, they finally got around to doing facial reconstructions from the skulls and it turned out that they were two complete unknowns (Butch & Sundance having been photographed - albeit in sepia - quite comprehensively during their lifetimes.) Turns out they weren't the only "Banditos Americanos" after all ...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: