Head Tapping

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 12 October 2004 2.49pm
do you remember the SE1 person who was offering some sort of head-tapping therapy? did anyone go for it?!
(it offered a cure for chocolate addiction, etc)
Tuesday 12 October 2004 2.51pm
I offered myself up as a guinea pig, and never heard anything back. Can't remember what it was I needed curing now.
Tuesday 12 October 2004 4.05pm
possibly for some apple-related product??
Tuesday 12 October 2004 4.17pm
Tharg drinker of pervy wrote:
> I offered myself up as a guinea pig,

You're brave. It could have been a Peruvian healer!!!!

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 13 October 2004 11.10am
Just in case soemone lost the Plot check out the diet of traditional Peruvians.
Wednesday 13 October 2004 11.16am
Yes. I think you'll find that your traditional Peruvian favours roast GP and 2 veg (one of which will of course be potato), whereas your non-traditional postmodern Peruvian will be more likely to go for carpaccio of GP, drizzled with truffle oil and gambolled with fragments of free-range choi sum.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 13 October 2004 12.41pm
actually Ivanhoe...that sounds pretty good!

...if you put it in front of me...I will eat
Wednesday 13 October 2004 1.03pm
I stopped myself from posting several suggestions for guinea pig recipes last night, but on reflection........
The most obvious thing to do would be to utilise rabbit recipes: guinea pig with Mustard sauce maybe, or perhaps guinea pig stew:
1 jointed guinea pig (obviously you can get your butcher to this for you)
Prunes - 12
Dry cider - 450 ml ( pint)
Onions - 2 medium, sliced
Wholegrain Mustard - 2 tbsp
Bay leaves - 4
Water - 450 ml ( pint)
Plain flour - 4 tbsp
Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
Butter - 15g ( oz)
Parsnips - 450g (1 lb), peeled and cut into chunks
Red kidney beans - 400g (14 oz) can, drained
Rinse and dry the guinea pig joints. Put in a large bowl with the prunes, cider, onions, mustard, bay leaves and water. Stir gently to mix. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
Pre-heat oven to 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4.
The next day, lift the guinea pig joints out of the marinade and dry. Toss the joints in the flour. Heat the oil and butter in a large flameproof casserole, add the joints and fry until brown.
Sprinkle any remaining flour into the casserole. Pour in the marinade, reserving the prunes. Add the parsnips. Bring to the boil and cover tightly.
Bake for about 40 minutes. Add the prunes and beans, cover again and bake for a further 20-30 minutes or until everything is tender.

Now I know some of you may be a little squeamish about eating a guinea pig, but you can easily substitute it for a cat, or any other small cute, fluffy creature really.
Wednesday 13 October 2004 1.18pm
I was about to print this recipe out and try it, but when I read through more carefully I wasn't too sure about pre heating the oven the day before cooking. - How pre heated does it need to be?!

I did try the guinea fowl thing (but with Poussin from Tesco 2 for 3), with some slight alterations, and it was absolutely lovely.
Wednesday 13 October 2004 7.16pm
Sounds like an old aquaintance of mine who made duck with cherries to impress his new bird only he didn't have no duck so he used a chicken and he didn't have no cherries so he used grapes. Unfortunately I can't tell you how it turned out as he did it all in a pressure cooker which exploded once he'd got down to his Y-fronts on the sofa. Nothing to do with cavies of course.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: