Gas and Electricity suppliers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 21 October 2004 3.05pm
Has anyone looked into changing their gas and electricity supplier? I've been getting both from British Gas as that results in some form of discount but I heard reports that they are less and less competitive. Is anyone willing or able to offer an opinion on alternative suppliers?

Thursday 21 October 2004 4.21pm and will do you an accurate comparison and suggest better alternate suppliers on price, and I think they let you see ratings for service etc as well.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 21 October 2004 4.27pm by Siduhe.
Thursday 21 October 2004 8.30pm
Try Atlantic. The price comparisons are sometimes difficult because they all rely on you working out your monthly consumption based on what you think you might save by switching to a monthly direct debit. To work out what your consumption actually is involves some nifty calculations. Good luck!
Friday 22 October 2004 3.16pm
Just a word of caution - have a good look at the savings, because if your experience ends up being anything like ours, you'll quickly have spent every penny saved in phone calls to both the new and old suppliers to get it sorted out!
Saturday 23 October 2004 10.26am
I've gone for Juice from Npower, because the electricty they put into the national grid is windfarmed and so ecologically sound. I ahd no problems switching
Monday 25 October 2004 9.34pm
I got my British Gas bill today for this quarter.
£12-99 ! Since the new combi boiler and rads were installed my usage has dropped by at least 40%.
With the old tank system I never used the timer and turned it on as required, frequently forgetting to turn it off.
Instant hot water = economy + happiness

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: