So who has the *most* embarrassing hobby in se1 then?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 26 October 2004 12.12pm

I am sure that everyone here has lots of really cool hobbies - like blagging entry into celebrity nightclubs, or producing ground-breaking conceptual art from scrapyard parts and restaurant rubbish, in your spare time.

I on the other hand have a hugely embarrassing hobby - which is....

collecting old role-playing games from the 1970s/1980s. Yes, that's right Dungeons and Dragons, and assorted ultra-geeky games from the decades which taste quickly forgot. These I buy from ebay and second-hand shops. Why? I do not know, possibly a nostalgic urge to rush back to my teens?

Can anyone top that?
Tuesday 26 October 2004 12.29pm
not sure if I can top that - I collect packs of playing cards.

Have you got Hero Quest in your collection? I had many happy hours playing that when I was younger.
Tuesday 26 October 2004 12.38pm
I crochet.
Tuesday 26 October 2004 12.46pm
i complain about things.
Tuesday 26 October 2004 1.32pm
Me too - I'm well known for it in these parts.

When having a break from complaining about things, I go 'mudlarking' - which means collecting bits of old muddy tat lying about on the Thames foreshore. Some of them are of archaeological interest. But most of them are bits of muddy old tat.
Tuesday 26 October 2004 1.33pm
I collect exceedingly tacky cookery books, Fanny Craddock, Audrey Ellis, etc. Generally ones with hideous looking food and old bags gurning from the cover.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 26 October 2004 1.59pm
I've yet to spot anything embarrassing amongst that lot.

I kind of crochet (after drunken lessons from TLMJJ) but more embarrassingly I roller blade (not an embarrassing hobby but a fairly shameful spectacle!)
Tuesday 26 October 2004 2.15pm
I bet Phoney has a few up his sleeve.
Tuesday 26 October 2004 2.26pm
An old lady in Johnson house told me that her job ( also her hobby, was Pen Painting) she used to paint patterns on nylon dresses and scarves...I can only claim crochet too...I would like to find a daisy maker from the seventies..I try to avoid old plates meself...I'm nutty about them....
Wednesday 27 October 2004 9.51am
mine is posting on this website

Or obsessive sorting when stressed, my partner still mocks me for the time when I sorted my Cds by date of release and the bar graphs I produced to monitor my weekly drinking.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: