Home truths about BBC Radio

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 27 October 2004 11.06am
I didnt want to hijack thread about John Peel but reading it did make me realise my fear that the programme and format will remain and a replacement will be brought in to carry it on: 'So Margaret, tell me about how you felt the first time your little Timmy left your Hertfordshire home to go to Universitiy...' BBC Radios Saturday morning offerings has in a few years slumped from Sean Hughes on GLR to ... a load of old tosh (J Ross excepted).

gggggrrrrrruuff
Wednesday 27 October 2004 11.14am
Having dissed Home Truths, I have to say that John Peel never irritated me so much that I threw the clock radio around the bedroom. This was the usual result (once narrowly missing partner's head!) when awoken with a hangover by the allegedly "dulcet tones" of that pompous idiot Cliff Morgan presenting Sport on Four.
Wednesday 27 October 2004 3.40pm

aaah, GLR.

I remember when i first arrived in London, sharing a house in Lewisham, waking up on Saturday mornings (with the inevitable hangover) listening to Angie Errigo (spelling?) review the new movies opening that week in London. Heaven.
Wednesday 27 October 2004 5.08pm
Home Truths is Trisha for the middle classes.
Wednesday 27 October 2004 5.35pm
When I first moved to London in 96 there was a brilliant guy who did the morning show on GLR and played quite a lot of guitar music. What was his name?

Anonymous User
Thursday 28 October 2004 9.15am
Was that Gary Crowley?
Thursday 28 October 2004 3.47pm
I'm going to miss John Peel but if I agree with Tharg, Home Truths makes me want to vomit.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: