Indoor Fireworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 8 November 2004 4.55pm

Whilst watching the fireworks on Friday night I was reminded how as a wee lad we always used to go around a neighbours house to watch the Indoor Fireworks in her Kitchen. These normally gave off HUGE amounts of smoke and produced all manner of wierd shapes that all seem to resemble dog turds.
Does anybody else remember these? - It was about 20 years ago that I last saw them and most people thing I am raving mad when I try to describe them and haven't a clue what I'm going on about.
Monday 8 November 2004 5.58pm
reply - i remember those. I think we bought a box once when I was a student - very slow worms of red gunk appeared after a lot of smoke...I think I prefer sparklers!
Tuesday 9 November 2004 4.37pm
They were a traditional part of our Christmases, as one of my grandads really liked them and always used to bring a box.

I think the fact that so few households have a tin tray for carrying cups of tea nowadays may have played a role in their demise (as that's what grandad always used to set them off on, so I imagine it was a condition of sale, or a local bye law at the least).

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 11 November 2004 8.18am
A friend at work said that they are no longer made, stopped a few years ago due to some sort of health and safety regulations - can't think why, gunpowder inside a house seems fine to me!!

Also, there were only ever made by one company in the UK who had the whole market tied up (again, I can't confirm this).
Friday 12 November 2004 12.39pm

Cheers everyone.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: