Free TV

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 November 2004 9.54am
I have a very nice JVC television going free to a good. The only hitch is that the TV has a bit of a strange problem in that the picture only really works when the whole thing is turned on it's side!

I'm sure it's just a loose wire or something as the picture and reception are excellent when it is on it's side.

I'd get a technician in to repair it but since I already have another telly, it's not really worth it for me - but I hate the idea of sending it to the landfill.

So, hopefully someone with a few more electrical smarts will be interested and will want to have a go at it.

It's a 27 inch JVC colour TV, about 10 years old, located near Waterloo.

Cheers

Wednesday 24 November 2004 10.59am
Sounds ideal for watching TV in bed, assuming that one is lying on ones side too.
Wednesday 24 November 2004 11.40am
How exactly did you find out that your telly only worked on it's side?
Wednesday 24 November 2004 12.11pm
he was half way to Australia

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 24 November 2004 12.17pm
I don't really remember how I decided to try it on it's side - it just seemed the right thing to do - and snap, it worked.
Wednesday 24 November 2004 2.03pm
The right thing to do? I'll try it when something breaks at home - or if the Mrs is having an off day I'll set her on her side...
Wednesday 24 November 2004 3.59pm
That only works if she got out of the wrong side of bed. You then have to set the bed on the side to make it better...
Tuesday 7 December 2004 7.40pm
I have a VCR with "a bit of a strange problem" too - it does playback only if connected to my grandma's pacemaker and records only if she does push-ups to speed up the signal.
Anybody interested?
*grandma sold seperately. conditions apply*
Wednesday 8 December 2004 4.19pm
Cadmus, that's a common problem. If you PM me I'll tell you how to fix it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: