does anyone know where i can....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 30 November 2004 4.17pm
can anyone tell me if they know where i can download either movie trailers old or new, or music videos, im playing around trying to create a home media gui /tv interface
they need to be playable in windows media player

thanks all
Tuesday 30 November 2004 10.40pm is quite a comprehensive source. All in Quicktime format, but you could convert them.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 30 November 2004 10.47pm by mogoot.
Wednesday 1 December 2004 10.13am
thanks magoot i will give that a try

any idea how i covert them? lol
Wednesday 1 December 2004 10.18am
Try - no need to convert and a larger collection than the Apple site
Wednesday 1 December 2004 10.53am
The way Apple Trailers and Movie List work is mainly by linking to the official trailer on the movie producers' websites. On the whole, these tend to be Quicktime (.mov) files, since this is a relatively small file, and the file-type is well established.

Why do you want the files in Windows Media Player anyway? Get Quicktime and use that instead - much better, simpler interface, and far more powerful.
Wednesday 1 December 2004 11.32am
well im building the program using power point, not a great program for what im trying to do but im just a novice, and i dont believe its possible to get quicktime to format with powerpoint

the problem i having at the moment is any trailers i try to watch in quicktime or windows media is giving me sound but not picture, its just a blank screen, but any video files i perviously had save on my hard drive work fime

thanks for the help
Wednesday 1 December 2004 12.07pm
I've just tried importing a .mov file into Powerpoint and it works fine for me. Go Insert > Movies and Sounds > Movie From File

Then when you've selected the file, it will ask you if you want the video to play automatically.

And then the video appears in the slideshow ready for you to preview it.

If you're having problems with viewing Quicktime files, it might be an idea to update your Quicktime program.

[Edited to make the second link work]

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 1 December 2004 12.10pm by mogoot.
Wednesday 1 December 2004 1.04pm
(this thread seems to be in two places, so I;ve copied my reply in here)

The best one I know is probably IMDB: Internet Movie Database

It has trailer link for most of the movies (the more recent ones certainly), that you can watch onscreen (Real or Windows Media Player usually. And if you can watch it, you can usually right-click on the link and "save target as . . ."
and a couple more favourites sites...

and for more of the (not quite) same:
Lots of popular TV adverts - same idea if you're just sorting out layout and formats

and not the same idea, but if you like the above, you'll like this too!
Great way of identifying the tunes from an advert

Wednesday 1 December 2004 1.36pm

i have ruined my pc somehow i cant play any video on either windows media or quicktime
all i get is the sound, i just dont understand even old files that used to work seem to be corrupt now, i have tried troubleshooting etc and am having no luck at all :(

but thanks for the links people
Wednesday 1 December 2004 2.37pm
u havent ruined ur pc, dont worry, u just messed up the codecs a bit. its hard to explain how to repair this through a forum so i suggest u call up someone who knows his/hers way around computers and codecs and they will sort it out in no time.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: