Online photo processing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 December 2004 12.33am
Any recommendations for processing digital pics?

Ideally, I'd like to get my pics printed 5 by 7, with a white border. I noticed Siduhe used Photobox, but they don't print them with borders as far as I can tell.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 2 December 2004 12.34am by The Lady Miss Jo Jo.
Thursday 2 December 2004 6.33am
The only shop that id this for me in the last few years without any extra effort was one in Paris (I know, very unhelpful...) and it was about 25.00 for a set of prints (we forgot to check the price first, it looked just like a normal photo shop... fabulous quality tho' - seems it just isn't the fashion any more... I'm sure some more professional photo places would do it, but at a price.

However . . . for the more sensible budget-minded approach:

Option 1: http://www.ofoto.co.uk (from Kodak's web site) lets you do online editing, including adding borders.

Option 2: I dont know if you can do the same at those kiosk things where you stick in your disc, memory stick, or whatever, but worth popping in to your nearest site (Boots at Elephant and Castle, Lower Marsh and Hays Galleria are listed as Kiosk sites).

Option 3: Edit your pictures yourself using your own photo editing software, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or whatever came with the camera, stick them on a disc, card or stick, then pop in to Boots to print them off.

Mark
Thursday 2 December 2004 9.36am
Boots aren't particularly cheap for printing digital photos - those kiosks are about 50p a print unless you're getting a load done. The kiosks you find in shopping centres are much more reasonable - the one I use costs only 10p per print. But you have to loiter by the kisok for ages while they print!

TLMJJ - if you have Windows XP and a colour printer for your PC, you could buy some A4 photo paper (which the larger Tesco's do quite cheap-ish), use Windows print wizard to get them the size you want - and it usually automatically prints them with borders. Then go treat yourself to an A4 guillotine from your local craft shop, and trim them so you're happy with them.

That's what I do, and I get reasonably good results, even with my dated printer! You don't even have to go out in the cold to get it done either!
Thursday 2 December 2004 10.09am
TJMJJ,

If it is of any help:

Photobox do do borders - you have to select this when you put the photos in your basket - change from "gloss" to "gloss border" or "matt" to "matt border". I assume it is a white border, but I've never used this particualr option. You could try emailing them at info@photobox.co.uk - they've always been very helpful answering my queries before.

Thursday 2 December 2004 12.52pm
Thanks for all your suggestions. I do print photos at home already. I also have photoshop and have become quite adept at editing unflattering photos, especially those where I have spinach in my teeth or a spot or something. I can even edit out wrinkles quite convincingly - in years to come, my grandchildren will wonder if I had a face-lift in my 30s!

Thanks for letting me know that photobox do do borders, Siduhe - I shall give them a trial-run. I might even upload the pics I took at the social in February...
Thursday 2 December 2004 10.44pm
Will you take the spinach out of our teeth as well?
Tuesday 7 December 2004 10.50am
Yup. But only in photos. I'm not toothpicking your teeth.
Wednesday 15 December 2004 11.00pm
photobox are prettty good...ii ordered a 12-piece jiigsaw puzzle of a pic yesterdaay att 5 pm... by 7pm they emailed to say it had been dispatched !
Thursday 16 December 2004 8.27am
12 pieces??? I presume for a kiddiwink? 'Cos it won't keep Grandma very busy on Christmas Day will it?!?
Thursday 16 December 2004 12.59pm
yes, it is for my 2 year old nephew.

I do hope that a jigsaw pic of himself will not lead to a life of narrcisismm, narcism, narrcicism.... ok, fancing himself.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: