Wassailing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 7 December 2004 4.40pm
Does anyone want to go wassailing, early in the New Yr?

Don't care where (else) we go, but (fair warning) I have a very strong compulsion to include the electric tree at morelondon, whatever else we do.

I have words for a few wassail songs, but no idea of suitable tunes, and no instrument other than my (enthusiastic but not incredibly tuneful) voice.

Anyone?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 7 December 2004 5.03pm
I'm not sure about wasailing, but I wouldn't mind some proper Carol singing (and no jokes about Mrs R either!)
Tuesday 7 December 2004 5.47pm
I fancy Carol singing too. (midnight service on Christmas Eve is never enough!) Would go for the Wassailing as well (only know one Wassailing song though ) as long as it includes copious amounts of libation (for the vocal chords you understand) ie more of a Wassailing pub crawl.
Unladylike Ms. Jo is the one to get on board for this, bet she knows all the tunes and she can play the tin whistle too.
Tuesday 7 December 2004 7.31pm
I'm up for wassailing. I wouldn't say I specifically knew any tunes, but I expect I have some music at home, and if not I know where to get some: the Barbican Library has an excellent collection of sheet music, or there's Cecil Sharpe House library for traditional English stuff.

I may even be able to persuade some folky fiddly guitary friends to participate in such a suitably mad caper (we'll leave out the bagpipes this time, I think).
Wednesday 8 December 2004 9.45am
Excellent. But let's have no more mention of Carol singing.

Wednesday 8 December 2004 3.25pm
Yes! carol singing! im up for some of that!
Wednesday 8 December 2004 4.24pm
try a carol singing thread then

Wednesday 8 December 2004 5.44pm
A woman, a dog, a walnut tree.
The harder you beat them,
The better they be.

As they use to say down More London way...

gggggrrrrrruuff
Wednesday 8 December 2004 5.46pm
Forgot to say... count me in for the Wassailing.
Thursday 9 December 2004 11.08am
Excellent (welcome back hot puppy. it's been a while, hasn't it?)

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: