Stuck for a Christmas pressie idea?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 8 December 2004 12.27pm
From todays ES.

Hens in your garden, fresh eggs every morning.

The award winning eglu is designed to make keeping hens in
your garden easy, especially if you live in town. It is delivered
to you with a fox resistant run, beginners guide and includes
two organic hens laying 12 eggs per week, and no cockrel required.

http://www.omlet.co.uk
Wednesday 8 December 2004 12.46pm
Oldoldold. Been around for a year or so now (as one of the most expensive ways to keep chickens). Nice website, and nice iMac sheds, but IMHO a great rip off.

{I'd start with a few bits of 2 by 4, and then get Jon and TULMJJ to do the rest because they are experts on all construction tasks ;0)}

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 8 December 2004 1.11pm
it'd need to be crow proof as well for your place!
Wednesday 8 December 2004 2.48pm
Good point Jon. And I'd want something to stop ninja drainpipe-climbing foxes as well.

Any recommendations?

Wednesday 8 December 2004 3.14pm
I did see in the inovations catalogue just such a thing...

'are you tired of waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of a fox killing your chickens on your balcony?
Then you need the brand new, never before seen, inexpensive, 'Renard-Stop' product!
Designed by Swedish ergonomists, and German acoustitians, this device, once attached to drainpipes, will safely and securely prevent foxes from entering your secure balcony area. For full protection it is recomended that every drainpipe in a surounding area of at least five miles is covered, and it should be noted that planning permission may be required in certain cases. Some loss of hearing or building subsidence may be caused, but this is purely coincidental, and has not been proven to affect the egg laying potential of chickens on balconys.

This product is not suitable for children under 16, should be fitted by a qualified person, and is not effective against crows.'
Wednesday 8 December 2004 4.26pm
Right. I'll get it when I order my potato ricer. Sounds like it's just what we're after. Ta.

Wednesday 8 December 2004 5.24pm
Does it work with window boxes???
Wednesday 8 December 2004 5.29pm
no only foxes.

Wednesday 8 December 2004 5.33pm
ouch!
Wednesday 8 December 2004 5.49pm
it does work on badgers though... if that helps.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: