Gloat

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 12 December 2004 7.31pm
I've finished just my tax return. A change from previous years when I normally face it whilst recovering from too much Christmas pud. However I still have Christmas cards to write and presents to buy. Which I reckon means that I am an averagely organised SE1 resident.

Who, other than Phoney and Mapmaker, had the whole lot sorted before September?
Wednesday 15 December 2004 10.58am
I still have last year's christmas cards on the mantlepiece. So not me.
Wednesday 15 December 2004 10.59am
I wonder if anyone still has an original Car Red Nose on their car?

Some people didn't take theirs off for years...
Wednesday 15 December 2004 12.59pm
I think that the real gloaters will be the (huge majority of) people who don't ever have to fill in a tax return (except, of course, to the extent that it means they are not individuals with investments and other sources of income).

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 16 December 2004 11.53am
Where can I go to get help with part 2 of the disability allowance form... I used to think I had a bit of a brain but faced with this I am one dumb cluck!
Thursday 16 December 2004 6.43pm
Jan, they have a helpline (the number should be on the form), and will even send someone out to fill it in for you - much easier! Just remember to fill it out with details of when you are at your worst, people tend to try & put a brave face on things & put down the most they can do, then suffer financially as a result.

edited to add: Most Doctor's surgeries have someone on staff who can help with filling out these forms too. Mine in Decima St does.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 16 December 2004 6.45pm by Plum.
Friday 17 December 2004 10.01am
Thank you Plum - I did see the help line number but was reluctant to phone as they may have been inclined to think I was dumber than I actually am!

But your right about people putting on a brave face, when I did a rough draft about my daughter helping me with personal bits and bobs I thought it made me sound like a hospital case! my daughter said as I had told the truth what was the problem? I think writing it down just brings it home to me that I am not as mobile as I would love to be, I crack jokes about pole dancing with my walking stick and tend to downplay my own problems and deal with every one elses with aplomb!
Friday 17 December 2004 10.54am
Jan, I've had a lot of help from the SDA - Southwark Disablement Association. 020-7701-1391. Guy Dennis is the chap who does forms.

I think the main thing to remember is to start with saying what you're like on your worst day, then go on to saying what you can do at other times. Never start with what you can do on a good day.
Friday 17 December 2004 11.22am
I did, actually. Inland Revenue kindly sent me a cheque with a refund, but ofcourse the cheque got stolen in the post. The most annoying thing is that it takes another 3 months for Inland Revenue to reissue the cheque. Again, so much for the Royal Mail.

And yes, the Christmas cards were sent on the 1st of December.
Monday 20 December 2004 11.10am
Where's my Christmas card then, Maurits? Or did you strike me off your Christmas card list when you cruelly chucked me?

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network