Tally Ho!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 5 January 2005 11.19pm
Saw a fox this evening, as bold as brass, sauntering down the pavement from The Hartley to The George on Tower Bridge Rd. As it was 5.30 the rush hour was in full flow but the mass of cars and pedestrians didn't seem to faze it one bit. It only started to jog when a car beeped at it as it crossed Leroy St. It obviously feels far safer in SE1 than the Home Counties - a real urban fox, they'll be catching the bus next!
Thursday 6 January 2005 11.47am
Don't tell Mapmaker!!!

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 6 January 2005 1.33pm
I saw one (a very big well fed one at that!) crossing Long Lane by Weston Street about 8-15 am just before xmas and this also seemed not to care at all about its human neighbours!
Friday 7 January 2005 3.31pm
Saw a very health fox going into the garden on the West side of Grange road, at the TBR end on my way home from the Christmas party. I gave it a good holloa, but it didn't seem to notice... obviously not been hunted before.
Friday 7 January 2005 5.01pm
I often see them skulking around in my car park, it's just that the one on TBR was so blatently unconcerned that surprised me, strolling down the middle of a busy pavement.
Monday 10 January 2005 12.47pm
last winter I was sat in my lounge and it was nearly dark, I was just about to close the curtains and realised there was a fox at my window looking in at me. He was rather mangy though.

(how I'd love to add that I live in a second floor flat, though it wouldn't be true!!)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: