Tick Tock...Not!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 19 January 2005 12.05pm
We've got an Elliot fusee wall clock (c1900). We bought it 3 years ago and after 2 weeks of gently adjusting its position on the wall, has run perfectly.

Then 4 days ago it stopped and has refused to keep going longer than 5 minutes at a time

Does anyone know of a good clock repairer/servicer in the area or does anyone on the forum know about these type of clocks?

Wednesday 19 January 2005 1.17pm
The old man has died. All attempts to fix are hopeless.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 19 January 2005 1.42pm
Move it to another spot in the house....we had one like that...i know it sounds daft....but it may work.
Wednesday 19 January 2005 3.13pm
No Jan.

It's stopped. Short. Never to be heard again.

Wednesday 19 January 2005 3.27pm
bit like me lurve life then!....... I should consult an expert in horology...i fink thats what clock men are called!
Wednesday 19 January 2005 3.29pm

For those who didn't have the kind of extensive and obscure nursery rhyme exposure that Ivanhoe and I obviously did...I used to sing this one at Brownies in a kind of round robin...
Anonymous User
Wednesday 19 January 2005 3.37pm
We used to sing it a nursery - and now thirty odd years later - I've been singing at my desk all afternoon.

Am hoping the CEO and CFO will join in soon so that I can get the round robin thing going (is that called singing in cannon or have I made that up?)
Wednesday 19 January 2005 3.47pm
singing in cannon is what the circus dwarf does, while he's waiting for the fuse to burn down.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 19 January 2005 3.51pm
They're not dwarves! That was my nursery class being fired from cannons whilst singing about my grandfathers clock!
Wednesday 19 January 2005 5.40pm
and of course, there's the rude version (think missing consonants)

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: