Loveage

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 21 January 2005 1.56pm
Is it nice?
Friday 21 January 2005 2.21pm
Friday 21 January 2005 2.31pm
No...loveage...although there may be two spellings of it. It's a herb apparently. Just wondered whether anyone could say whether it's nice or not...
Jac
Friday 21 January 2005 2.41pm
Lovage - a mediterranean herb with a robust flavour similar to celery, used in stuffings, stews soups and with fish. Is it nice? I guess that would depend on whether you like the flavour of celery!

I've used it once or twice to my mind it's nothing special and I can think when I used it last.
Friday 21 January 2005 5.22pm
Actually, you can use celery leaves instead of lovage & they're a lot cheaper but I'm with you Jac, not something I'd go out of my way for.
Speaking of obscure herbs, when was the last time anyone grew /saw /ate borage. Can't remember what it tastes like, is it a bit like rocket or dandelion leaves?
Friday 21 January 2005 6.25pm
The best reason for growing it is to put the flowers in your Pimms.
Jac
Friday 21 January 2005 7.20pm
Borage - native to eastern europe, both flower and leaves have a slight cucumber flavour. Hence it affinity to pimms. But agian can't say i'd bother with it
Saturday 22 January 2005 3.40pm
Next Jame5 is going to post asking whether Spotted Dick is nice.

What other oddly or suggestively named foods are there?
Saturday 22 January 2005 4.55pm
Borage oil is also by far the best naturally occuring source of GLA - miles better than Evening Primrose Oil or Starflower Oil....
Saturday 22 January 2005 10.21pm
What does Ivanhoe have to say about all this?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: