Would a kidnapper strike if his DNA identification was certain?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 12 February 2005 7.25am
Attackers do not want to be identified and punished. An invention called the ISP intimidates them by making DNA evident that the police can find easily.

THE CONCEPT IS SIMPLE

For animation see

http://www.adaisi.com/CONTENT/animation/animation.gif

Imagine personal security device about the size of a button. It contains a hundred miniature skin samplers in a breakable container. The victim could rupture the ISP deliberately upon an attack or the attacker could break it open unknowingly. The sheer numbers of tissues samples assures that some of these skin samplers will take and store a tiny sample of skin from the attacker and then fall to the ground.

POLICE SEARCH

Each of the skin samplers has a RFID tag. RFID is a miniature wireless tracking device the size of a grain of rice. All of the RFID tags share the same code. This code is made known to the police if foul play is suspected. The police search likely crime scenes quickly with wireless RFID search devices set to the victim's unique code. Recovered skin samplers are taken to a lab for DNA identification. DNA analysis of the tissue in the skin sampler identifies the attacker and he is arrested.

LIVE RESCUE

Mobile phones with RFID detectors in them are coming soon. They could be used as part of an integrated RFID detection network to locate the victim's tissue samplers with their unique RFID code. Such a system opens the possibility for the live rescue of kidnap victims.

For now the ISP is only text on screen. Unfortunately, the attackers in society are real and present dangers. In the USA alone there are over +5 million violent attack, +80,000 rapes, and +30,000 stranger abductions every year. There are about 100 child abduction murders more than one every four days.

SPREADING AWARENESS

I have learned that business will not risk manufacturing the ISP without demand for it. This makes spreading awareness of the ISP critical. Once business sees a demand for the ISP they will risk the costs of making and selling it. Then the promise of the ISP will be realized and we will have a safer less fearful society for those we love.
Saturday 12 February 2005 12.38pm
I love the Chatter section.
Saturday 12 February 2005 12.43pm
It's a great place for scaremongering and plugging proto-products, isn't it?

Must remember to plug where I work. Might get a bonus this yr if we sell more.

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 12 February 2005 1.56pm
For the avoidance of doubt about Russ' motives (I can call you Russ, can't I?), you may wish to check out

http://www.cybersleuths.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001313

http://www.storebuilder.co.uk/postp624.html (where, interestingly, Russ admits to inventing this tosh himself)

http://www.stanforddaily.com/tempo?page=content&id=13844&repository=0001_article (which contains the gem from Russ' wife who says that the tosh is useful for:
“jewelry, watches and could be used for handicapped people.”

[thought I'd save you the trouble, James]

Sunday 13 February 2005 9.33am
There have been many examples of Radio Frequency Identification over the past months,
here's just one:

RFID tagging

It appears that this may become a commonplace security (and other possiblities no doubt )
technology of the near future!

I'm not quite sure whether the SE1 community is ready to tackle this one yet though!
Perhaps we may one day be able to recognise other Forum users at SE1 social evenings via RFID.

Maybe (big maybe!) this is one for the Blog section?
Sunday 27 February 2005 2.46am
thomas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There have been many examples of Radio Frequency
> Identification over the past months,
> here's just one:
>
> RFID tagging
>
> It appears that this may become a commonplace
> security (and other possiblities no doubt )
> technology of the near future!
>
> I'm not quite sure whether the SE1 community is
> ready to tackle this one yet though!
> Perhaps we may one day be able to recognise other
> Forum users at SE1 social evenings via RFID.
>
> Maybe (big maybe!) this is one for the Blog
> section?

It's another example of the growth of an RFID detection infrastructure in out society. Violent criminals will come to understand RFID and respect its identifying power.

Tiny RFID Tag:
http://www.discover.pitt.edu/media/pcc031006/sci1_PENITag.html

Mobile Phone with RFID detection:
http://www.nokiausa.com/business/fieldforce/rfidkit/1,2996,,00.html

The ISP is designed to take away the attacker's mask of anonymity. Locate the DNA evidence against him. Track him down and convict him in a court of law. No ‘practical' defense from ISP identification has been found.

I want to make the ISP even better. If you can think of a way for a kidnapper, rapist, or other manual attacker could defeat the ISP then post it.

ISP website with FAQ and detailed document:
http://www.adaisi.com

Rupture of the victim's ISP could automatically trigger her RFID mobile phone to make an immediate alert call to the police. If the victim uses and mobile phone with GPS and RFID features then the call would include her exact position (by GPS) and her unique RFID code and call back.

The ISP is inherently small and flexible. It can provide low cost protection to millions. Being so small and disguisable the ISP can be an ever-present threat to attackers. When ISP use is common attackers will have to assume that any potential victim could be an ‘ISP booby trap'.

Imagine how society would be different under these conditions:

1. ISP use is common and attacker's had the threat of ISP identification over them all the time.

2. Violence parolees are required to wear tamper evident ISP at all times.

3. A generation of school bullies grew up being ISP identified when they struck.

4. The ISP detection grid is pervasive and fast acting.

5. Kidnappers, pedophiles, and assailants have been either deterred or incarcerated.

6. And your neighborhood is safe from them.

The ISP will change out society. It will intimidate attackers and make their conviction more certain.
Sunday 27 February 2005 9.54am
"Imagine how society would be different", you say. I am imagining how useful ISP could be to anyone who wants to cause a lot of trouble for someone by unjustly accusing them of a crime. I am also imagining Police not wanting to look for these devices because of repeated false alarms, in the same way that burglar alarms have now become a nuisance.

Your utopia where paedophiles, kidnappers and bullies don't exist will never happen. Or by means of this device anyway.
Sunday 27 February 2005 3.48pm
Russell Hanabusa Wrote:
>
> Rupture of the victim's ISP could automatically
> trigger her RFID mobile phone to make an immediate
> alert call to the police. If the victim uses and
> mobile phone with GPS and RFID features then the
> call would include her exact position (by GPS) and
> her unique RFID code and call back.
>

Why "her"? Violent attacks on young men are far more common than those on women.

I dislike this media type scaremongering which always portrays women as victims.

Monday 28 February 2005 2.38am
The Unladylike Ms. Jo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Imagine how society would be different", you say.
> I am imagining how useful ISP could be to anyone
> who wants to cause a lot of trouble for someone by
> unjustly accusing them of a crime. I am also
> imagining Police not wanting to look for these
> devices because of repeated false alarms, in the
> same way that burglar alarms have now become a
> nuisance.
>
> Your utopia where paedophiles, kidnappers and
> bullies don't exist will never happen. Or by means
> of this device anyway.

Any attempt to frame another person with an ISP involves more riskes to the framer than those faced by the attacker.

Also, the ISP only points out the attacker. The police would still run a complete investigation of the suspect: motive, means, the accounting for time, and other matters would still be considered.

The people could suspect that the suspect is being framed. This could lead them to the framer with a list of questions.

If you saw the animation on the DNA sampler you would have seen how the alternating pattern of skin samples indicated that there was direct physical contact between the victim and the attacker.

http://www.adaisi.com/CONTENT/animation/animation.gif

It is an objective fact that the tissues were recovered in that way. The only thing the police need to determine is the story on how that happened.

It can be expected that in some cases there will be many detections of the RFID tags. They all are part of the story on how the ISP was ruptured and how the RFID tags became so distributed and detected.

All of the recovery RFID tags point back to where the ISP was first broken. The point of initial attack. This place is likely to have many DNA samplers scattered about. These DNA samplers are more likely to hold the attacker's DNA in them.

It could be that a private service which would handle the immediate ISP alert signals instead of the police. This would take care of any 'false' alarm issues.

The police could take a position not to respond to ISP 'Amber Alerts' until a trouble is confirmed. If harm is confirmed then ISP DNA evidence with RFID contamination is a powerful tool for identifying, capturing, and convicting the attacker. The RFID code is unique and can be detected even when scattered amoung other RFID devices.

All people would have added protection from the wide spread use of the ISP. Attackers would be deterred by the possiblity that the would be victim might be wearing a disguised ISP.

If you see a specific flaw in the ISP then post it. This you don't then recognize it as a practical solutions to the problem of kidnappers, rapists, and assailants.

In the past few days news of attackers have again made headlines. This will not be the end of it. The ISP is not only device which could quickly reduce these crimes.

Spreading wide public awareness of the ISP is critical to it's realization. Without this it will not be made.
Monday 28 February 2005 10.07am
Go away. Go away. Go away.

Go back to your gun-ridden paranoid country, and leave us alone.

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: