Is your brain lopsided?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 14 February 2005 12.49am

Just remember, there are no right or wrong answers - only responses
that will help identify your brain personality.

Your Brain Usage Profile:

Auditory : 53%
Visual : 46%
Left : 58%
Right : 41%
Anthony, you are mildly left-hemisphere dominant while showing a slight preference for auditory processing. This overall combination seems to indicate a well-working blend of logic and judgment and organization, with sufficient intuition, perception and creativity to balance that dominance.

Monday 14 February 2005 8.14am
aaaarrrgghh - thanks a bunch - it seems I'm in the wrong job, in fact in the wrong life!!

"Mark, with your strong right hemispheric dominance and strong visual preference, you are very likely to fit into most people's stereotype of an artist. You tend to perceive the whole, respond to patterns, overlook differences and seek diversity.
(never been called an artist before ...oh well... )

Organization may not be your forte and you are likely to perceive it at times as constricting while recognizing the benefits that come from structure. While capable of being logical, you respond to your own inner-directedness which is often not explainable even to yourself since it requires sophisticated left-brain translation. More than most other people, you are self-directed and skilled at moving easily from project to project.
(ok, I quite like that bit...)

Your visual preference implies that you are active and continuously seeking or processing. You tend not to categorize experiences, but rather simply have them and react to them, integrating it into the whole of your experience. Despite your seeming lack of organization, you are one of those people who can almost always know exactly where you put something and easily relocate it.
(sigh, so true...)

Overall you will do well in endeavors emphasizing the visual such as arts, fashions, or architecture. "

The mind review seemed painless - less sure about the mind probe offering though!! Interesting site.
Monday 14 February 2005 10.44am
Phoney - mine seems the same as yours...does this mean that thee and me are kindred spirits? albeit at the opposite end of the age spectrum!

Monday 14 February 2005 11.23am
>>>Your Brain Usage Profile:
Auditory : 50% Visual : 50%
Left : 44% Right : 55%

>>>Rabbie, you are moderately right-hemisphere dominant and have even preferences between auditory and visual processing, traits that might make people perceive you as "slightly off balance."

Now they tell me!
Monday 14 February 2005 12.57pm
"Preferentially you learn by listening and maintaining significant internal dialogues with yourself. "

I always knew that talking to myself was perfectly normal...

Monday 14 February 2005 1.49pm
"ivanhoe, your score suggests you are subject to mood swings and prone to verbally attack
people with whom you disagree. However, you are prepared to accept your shortcomings and
try to mend bridges. In your present state of mental flux, it is amazing you were able to complete
the test without smashing your computer"

That's a joke -- just in case he knows where I live!!!!!!
Monday 14 February 2005 2.09pm
Someone has broken into Joe and Eddie's shed and cider has been spilled everywhere. It's a disaster.

Sounds like it may have been committed by someone on a short fuse

Just thought you ought to know
Monday 14 February 2005 2.15pm
That definitely wasn't me Julie. Eddie and Joe are favourites of mine. Even though they obviously copied their "let's get everyone together and make cider communally" idea from us, and didn't give any aknowledgement to James' wonderful SE1, I wish them nothing but success.

I think it was Owen, come back to haunt Cathy. Either that or it was Bruno and Alice romping in unbridled (a suitable word, I think, especially after the sad death of Chandler and considering that Alice seems to have taken to riding Bruno instead) passion.

And phoney.....take never know who's stalking you.....

[blunt instrument firmly in cheek :0) ]

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 15 February 2005 12.28am
Bruno and Alice???!? I've missed a few episodes and will obviously have to make a point of listening in tomorrow.
Tuesday 15 February 2005 11.57am
why not listen to yesterday's episode (which is on at 2pm today) first?

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: