Do you dry clean your pillowcases?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
phoney™ Saturday 5 March 2005 2.21pm
There's a special offer sign in the window of the dry cleaners in Borough High St offering to clean
1 sheet, 1 duvet cover and 2 pillowcases for 7-50. Now assuming you wash your bed linen
once a week, that's 390 a year not to mention the hassle of taking it there and back.
Who has their bed linen dry cleaned when no-one irons it anyway, or am I just a lazy b******.
And assuming you wash your towels in a washing machine why not chuck in the
sheets etc; at the same time. Even if you have top quality Egyptian cotton I would prefer to
stick it in my own machine for a better and safer wash.
The things that occupy your mind on a cold saturday afternoon!!!
jackie rokotnitz Saturday 5 March 2005 2.35pm
Yes you're a lazy b.....std, but indeed the energy necessary to get out the ironing board and whip the iron over the pillow cases is not so great as to make 7.50 anything but one colossal rip off. However, some people have more money than sense..so I guess they're the ones this shop is looking for.
sarah2 Saturday 5 March 2005 6.49pm
I assume Phoney, you don't have silk sheets and pillow cases.
phoney™ Saturday 5 March 2005 8.12pm
One disadvantage of being a hog is that at any moment some blundering fool may try
to make a silk purse out of your wife's ear.

Give me 100% cotton wherever possible.
Claire T Saturday 5 March 2005 9.40pm
I think it's great - beats the hell out of having the entire flat draped in sheets and towels drying every weekend, and takes two minutes to drop off at the laundry - not to mention the fact that at the weekends, my time is worth considerably more than 7.50! But as for the ironing thing....I never get around to ironing my clothes let alone the bed linen! I have a friend who irons socks....how weird is that!
JonR Monday 7 March 2005 1.02pm
my mom does that (irons socks,... and hankies, and pants, and pretty much everything that gets washed) - she has far too much free time!
Ivanhoe Monday 7 March 2005 1.32pm
IMO, it's not always convenient to drop off and pick up washing at the dry cleaners, even if you're not concerned about the money.

However, in my dream life, I will have ironed bedlinen. Obviously (given that I'd never waste the time ironing sheets) I'm not excessively bothered about ironed bedlinen, but in an ideal world I do think it adds a little luxury, and bed can never be too comforting a place.

...if you press it, they will come.
Anonymous User Monday 7 March 2005 2.04pm
Having bedding dry cleaned has never occured to me (until now) I'm gonna check out the dry cleaners at the Blue and see what they charge.

Come to think of it - I don't even know if there is a dry cleaner at the Blue.
JonR Monday 7 March 2005 2.43pm
what's wrong with a laundret? why do they have to be 'dry' cleaned?
Anonymous User Monday 7 March 2005 2.59pm
I really, really don't like launderettes. They are soul destroying places - unless you are Annabella Lwin of course.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions